Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 19)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's those three martini lunches of yours.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Da_bang80~

No, it's not like that...I know what you're talking about because I've had that happen before if I sit up too quick or something, but this is more irritating than scary.

It's hard to explain, but it's almost like a variation on double vision... this is the best way I can describe it - you know how you can set windows to put a "trail" on your mouse pointer? So whenever you move the pointer across the screen, there's a long trail of little pointers following along behind it? That's what I get in my vision, but I have that trail on everything. If I move my head or eyes at all, there's a trail in my vision. I used to only get it whenever I'd get up from a laying down position, but now I get it all the time, sitting up, laying down, standing - even while driving. And it's getting worse.

My opthamologist says it's not anything with my eyes. He said it's probably extremely low blood pressure, but that's actually been normal for last last few months, so I'm not buying into that. So we'll see. Visual distrbances such as that are a side effect of increased intracranial hypertension. My spinal tap is in a few hours. I should know something then.

It's pretty freaky-deaky though.

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop taking acid. Problem solved.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shamefully, I was thinking the same thing.

No, but as someone who gets the odd migraine, the prospect of daily incidence is certainly cause for sympathy. I was able to figure my triggers and where possible, avoid them (always with the sunglasses), but it sounds like there are no triggers other than breathing and that's fairly tricky to get around. I know Spokane is essentially dessert, and there was Alaska, have you tried more humid/tropoical climes? Perhaps visiting Jason wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesssss....."visit" with me.

You can come by for a hurricane party or three and then fly back before the storm hits (or stay for the fun and leave once the airport is repaired).
Remember: Ladies drink free if it's category Three (or greater)!

It's currently a temperate 80 degrees and only 40% humidity- almost jacket weather. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
83 degrees and about 50% humidity and we are uncomfortable here.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Really? It's an aquired taste, I find.
When I travel to dry climates, I generally feel uneasy and then, upon returning home, feel a profound sense of relief and beonging.

Of course, I like the heat....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bX:
Shamefully, I was thinking the same thing.

I know Spokane is essentially dessert

What is Main Course? Seattle? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried Memphis.... does that count as humid enough? Only for 10 days at a time, but in the middle of the summer, that was enough of the humidity for me! :-)

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck the humidity. I don't mind heat. I love San Diego weather, low humidity and in the upper 70's during the day and lower 60's at night.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people are weird.

I'm thnking about moving again, the criteria this time being to get so remote from anyone I might know that if they wanted to visit me, it would be a lengthy haul & not worth the effort. This is different than the previosu criteria, which was "who do I know where?"

The previous one had many choices; this one...not so much. But Ithink I've narrowed it down (in descending order) to Montana, northern Vermont, or Hawaii.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Good luck with Hawaii- the job market there is nigh-impossible.
There's a two year waiting list for transfers there with my company.
For that yo could just move to Florida (though the west coast is preferable right now for housing and english speakers).

Montana sounds cool, in an antisocial backwoods kinda way.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Member # 343

I really don't want Hawaii; it was my mother's suggetsion based on "toleration of lifestyle." Montana seems perfect...but more infromation is required.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The Sci-Fi Lifestyle?
The "dont ask about my legal history" lifestyle?

Or is it...that ...problem...you have with aquariums?
'Cause that's just sick and wrong.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps