Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 33)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I ran out of drugs today... It feels like someones trying to forcefully replace the wisdom teeth they took out"

What on Earth did the dentist do to you? When I had my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago, I took some aspirin when the anaesthetic first wore off, but I was fine after that.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it depends on how the teeth are impacted and where they are in the jawbone. I know that in some cases there is drilling. My doc knocked me out for my work (which was great) and for about a week my jaw felt fragile, but there wasn't too much pain. A mountain of bloody cotton though.

It's terrible to hear about the afflictions of our fellow Flarites. I wish there was anything I could do or say. I hereby order you all to get better.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It only hurts if they install the extra-large mind-control transmitters in the tooth-sockets.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which also pick up radio and tv signals.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You get HD on that?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Costs extra and it breaks if you tilt your head more than 30 degrees.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This time I was in the hospitalf or four days the surgeon out took,. out my right temporal lobe

quote:
the

zonducted a study on patients with damage to the left and right temporal lobes.

LEFT temporal lobe is important for verbal memory in adults.

RIGHT temporal lobe is important for non-verbal learning and memory, visuo-spatial information.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So when do you change your screen-name to "Bareil the Obscure"? Fight fiercely, Jay. Fight fiercely...

Also, what is the current state of research into blocking the neuron-replicating inhibitors? Jay needs some to grow back the good bits.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are nowlooking into clinical trials for new brain tumor meds

[ March 30, 2007, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Er...you'd think they could have gotten it all by now!
Amazing that you're (it seems) all right enough to post in after so much surgery and, well, brain removal.

I'm guessing that (as with stroke victims) you're brain will sorta rewire itself so you can lead a full life?

I'm still unclear what is added into the area where your lobe was- they cant just have a hollow for your brain to squish around in.

I'm thinking they should make it a Pez/painkiller dispenser: you just tilt your head back and viola!
Instant pill drops from your brian into your mouth.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm still unclear what is added into the area where your lobe was- they cant just have a hollow for your brain to squish around in."

Most likely, the space is just filled with the same fluid that normally surrounds the brain.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Available down isle 3, just between the canned peas and the soups...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Jay - they didn't GET it all or the extra meds are a precaution!?!

I second the motion for you to FIGHT FIERCELY!

Viso-spatial memory?? Bah! Just get a GPS! Just don't get the one that has Ozzy or Sharon Osbourne's voice! [Smile]

As for neuro-inhibitors - I gather you mean for new out-growth... I think it's a matter of having the correct signalling chemicals in the various areas to allow the neurons to grow and migrate... it'd be cool if you could some out make that brain area revert to a developmental state and grow like it did in the womb.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly, Andrew.It's been studied for well over a decade, and the scientific community is being really cnservative/timid about trying it on humans.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If they're being that conservative, it's a good bet there's a landfill of brainless monkeys somewhere.
insert "brainless monkey" political joke here.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps