Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 22)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...anyone heard from Jay?
Hope it's clear and cancer-free on his tests.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was here yesterday, posted in Misc. Musings.

Three times in a row.

[edit]
Day before that as it is after midnight here.
[/edit]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool that he's kickin'....
Hey jerkass! How 'bout an update?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe....he said "jerkass".....

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he doesn't want to be musing about his medical?

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Maybe he doesn't want to be musing about his medical?

If I wanted that I wouldn�t have started this thread.

I'm doing ok after the procedure, now I�m just waiting on the next MRI.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

A lot can change 8 months, almost to the day.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, Im glad youre doing okay.
jerkass

I'm trying to avoid going "in hospital" this week- things are crazy at work, but my leg is seriously fucked right noe too.
I gotta wait untill after tuesday to see the Doc on this- that's when coverage at work returns and my double-shifts stop.
Imagine me being the "responsible type".
I know my Doc's only recourse is going to suggest a hospital stay...and I'm cool with it at this point.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heading out now to spend the night in Seattle. Have to be at the hospital by 6:30am, surgery at 8:00am. Should be in for five days to a week. If anyone feels like it, go to the Swedish Hospital site and send an e-mail -- it'll get delivered to me in my room (although I don't know which room I'll be in).

Otherwise, I'll see y'all on here when I get back home.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they have Swedish nurses? They'd better.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to rain on your parade, Peregrinus (or anyone else in here who's not completely healthy), I was also in the hospital today. Unfortunately, it wasn't myself that was checked in, but my 2 year old daughter. She's got the hand-foot-mouth virus, which is fairly common. The downside is she got a fairly uncommon reaction, meaning not only did she get a fever and blisters, but she got blisters in her throat. Normally, most people could treat this at home, but she's hurting so bad that she completely stopped eating two days ago. I spent all day with her at the hospital, and right now my wife is spending the night while she gets some intravenous fluids. Suffice to say, my daughter's not happy. Amist all her screaming and crying, at one point she looked at me and said "Daddy, it hurts." Don't even pretend to know how much that one gets to you.

Hopefully, she'll be mostly recovered by the end of the weekend. I don't mean to belittle those of you who have persistent problems, but I'm really looking forward to getting my happy daughter back again. I just have to get through the next few days with my emotional state intact.

B.J.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Man, I hear you. I can handle being sick/ill, but my kid gets that way and I am a mess.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not nice, no. In her first year Lula had about 8 or 9 chest infections, each progressively worse, each requiring stronger antibiotics. Got to the point where we had standing instructions from our GP to call him as soon as she developed a sniffle and it looked like going down on her chest. The worst one was just after we moved into our new house, and saw her end up in hospital having asthma infusions just to help her breathe.

I reckon it was the rented house we were living in before. That same year, I was constantly ill as well. All kinds of things - tummy bugs, cold/fluey things, strange 40-degree temperatures. Downstairs was bare wooden floors, supposedly very trendy but fucking impossible to keep clean. And I don't think the carpets upstairs were all that clean. Never heard of sick building syndrome in a private house before. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

OK, here's the thing. I don't know what to do - probably not what I'm about to, at any rate. In the past I've aluded to medical problems my wife has, but I didn't want to go into them because, well, it ain't none of your beeswax, like. Especially when I drew a lot of parallels with that of Rob's partnet Julie, whose ailments he seemed prone to drag out at the drop of a hat, and especially when losing an argument.

Now, my wife has problems. Congenital rubella with all sorts of resulting problems. She got memnigitis while on holiday, viral, bacterial, I forget which, the really nasty one anyway. And she only has one kidney - the other one died and was removed about 7 years back.

Her pregnancy wasn't easy (one of the reasons I didn't mention it at the time). But, her remaining kidney did well, all things considered, and has always demonstrated better-than-average performance. But since then we've been told, first that subsequent tests ruled out her ever having another child - you can imagine how that made us feel. Then we got told by another consultant that it would probably be OK - just as we were getting used to the idea of only having the one. Now another consultant has announced that recent tests show an alarming drop in kidney function, which require her to go one some special medication which can have some nasty side-effects (pregnancy while on them is a complete no-no, too) but will take some time to see if they affect the kidney's deterioration.

Last night she told me that she has nightmares about dying, and daydreams/reveries of same, too. Leaving me and our daughter all alone. And I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm not good with death. When another Flareite told me of his mother's death, I wasn't really able to say anything that would have given much comfort (not that anything I said would have done much anyway, but that's not the point, to me at least) and that haunts me. I don't know how to tell her she's not going to die, especially when I'm in total denial about the idea anyway.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Ouch, man. First off, your right, there isn't a thing that you can really say to anyone that can comfort them when they have lost a loved one, the words were meaningless when people have tried comforting me when family members died. I usually just tell people I am there for the if needed. You gave them an ear/eye for their venting, which probably ment more than any words. Don't let it haunt you, you may shy away from someone that may need you there in the future.

My wife and I have discussed what the other should do incase one of us dies, although how we will react is probably far different than what we plan. Now, this isn't something we plan on, but we know from experience that it could happen. I've got to drive my brother in law to get fitted for a tux today, I could die driving back and forth across town, it happens. Step out of denial and think about it.

If you talk to her about it tell her exactly how you feel, not ready to even think about letting her go just yet, the complete empty feeling that you probably get just from thinking about it, and that she has got to daydream about going to your daughter college graduation with you and getting the typical mom, dad, and grad pic taken.

Other than talking to her and letting her know that you are not going to give her up to death without a fight and making far future plans with her to show you mean it I am not sure what else there is.

What other options are there, dialysis, transplant???

Hope this helped at least a little, also, what's her blood type, maybe someone here has one they can spare if need be.

--------------------

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps