Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 26)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a new strain of english counter-irony, pretending like one thought the first guy was serious? [Confused]
Like joking wit my grandma...

Peregrinus purported:
quote:
/.../two more nights of IV nutrition/.../
*wolf-whistling* You'll be looking like Ali McGraw when you get home!

-"Honey?"
-"Hm? What?"
-"You've been in front of the bathroom mirror for an hour now..."
-"Yeah? Like what you see? C'mere you..."
-" Omigod! An optical inch too! Thank you Peregrinus!"
-"Don't thank me, thank I-vee! And nurse who shaved before op"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ug. BLue Cross is saying they lost my appeal for Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment.

lost...it.

Tonight I passed up my best friend's birthday party/tiki convention/surf concert because I was feeling craptackular.

Hmmm....tomorrow's another party (at the Mia Ki no less) so I'll have to make an appearance, but I'm down, pallies.

Ever feel like you need a cigarette even though you dont smoke?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They "lost" it. Fucking insurance companies.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, INSURANCE APPEAL LOSES YOU!!

...Oh, wait.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insurance companies are a product of the devil. For the record.

I know. I work for one. You can't live with them, and you can't afford to live without them. It's a Very Bad Deal.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now the fun part...seeing if my doctor's office has a copy of the letter they sent off or are we back to square one (over three months ago to be exact).

My internal ouji board tells me....
It's time to find a new doctor.

I'd find a new insurance company as well, but this would be a"pre-existing condition" to them and they'd deny mecoverage so it's Blue Cross or nothing.

Incidentaly, Shik, thatw was pretty funny.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, gosh... if your doctor DOESN'T have a copy of that letter in your file, then you DEFINATELY need a new doctor. My doctors keep EVERYTHING in my file, and it's saved my ass mulitple times when I've tried to send documentation to other providers who have "lost" things.....

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, how I hate to bring this thread back to the top.

I spent most a good portion of yesterday afternoon in the emergency room after parts of my left side went numb.

No one apparently knows for sure what happened but the ER doctor speculated after talking with my neurosurgeon that I may have had a mini stroke or mini siezures.

On a positive note, I'm a year out from the first surgery and my Oncologist feels encouraged by this.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I feel guilty. I just got home from what turned out to be the final appointment with my gastric surgeon. He gave me a clean bill of health and told me he doesn't need to see me any more. I'm still on a lot of drugs, and will be for the next year or five, but with luck this will have been the only surgery I have to undergo for my Crohn's.

No more siezures, Jay. Get it?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

Jay~ Mini stroke, eh? Like a transient ischemic attack or something? That's awful... are you doing better now? Are they going to treat you for this? ie. if it's stroke, preventative measures such as asperin/Plavix/etc. or if it's seizures an anti-convulsant? I'm just curious what the plan of action for the future with this turn of events is....

Jonah~ That's great news! Yay for no more surgeries! And I hope you can get off of some of your medications soon...

To respond to Jay, who PM'd me, I'm alive. I had a great run of things on my most recent coctail of medications until my body adapted. *shrug* We knew it would happen... it was a matter of time. I'd been hoping to pull more time out of it, but I really was only able to pull about 6-8 good weeks out. It's better than nothing. And it only took a total of 13 prescriptions in my arsenal to do it. [Razz] I am right now on the highest doses I can be on within the current coctail and mostly functional - head hurts, blood pressure is barely existant, and side effects are incredible, but I'm enjoying the last of my time as a normal person. My next doctor's appointment we embark on a new journey into the world of the MAOI. This is a very rarely prescribed medication for migraines because it's so dangerous. In 14 years of practice, my doctor has only prescribed it to two other patients. I will make three. This medication can very truly kill me. There are numerous foods and medications that it can have deadly interactions with. I must follow a strict diet and watch carefully every item that enters my body. On that note, I now wear a MedicAlert bracelet. I'm so cool - just one step away from the "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" button. Yay, me! This is an extreme move we're making, and my entire life is being changed as a result of it, as every single medication I currently take is no longer safe for me and must be replaced, as well as most of the foods I eat are now potentially lethal, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Woot.

That's the update in my world....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Geeez!
Here I TRY to feel bad for myself and here all of you are with your problems (except you Jonah- you healthy jerk! [Wink] ).
Fantastic news that you're getting healthy- you were sounding in pretty bad shape there for a while.

LOA, how soon will your doc know if the new meds are working? If they dont work, I would think he's take you off them ASAP to prevent possible problems.
The whole "food interaction" thing sounds like it's be a vestseller fad diet- start writing now and you'll make the post-holiday season diet push! [Big Grin]
Hope this works for you.

Jay...man. I cant imagine the scariness of being told you've had a "mini-stroke". The only positive thing you can get from this is the ability to ignore casual aquaintences that annoy you- just say you cant remember them and they'll slink away in shame. yeah, that's black humor, but it's all I gots for ya!).
So...you said despite your "mini-whatever" your doc is optimistic? Maybe it was just a weird circlulatroy thing...you're kinda in unknown territory after all- it need not be some recurring horrible thing.

As for myself, I'm not on anything except painkillers (which really dont work anymore) just now and FINALLY am about to go for my first Hyperbarric treatment (probably just a consult this first time) on Thursday.
Maaaan- I'm hoping and praying(!) that this works a miriacle. The treatment looks promising, but does not really address the mystery cause for the wound.
I'll take what I can get.

A word of advice guys- cherish your support..er...people. The loved ones in your corner are the big diffrence- going it mostly alone is pretty craptackular (and why this thread of woe is so good to have).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's any consolation, my head is still a mess and I am likely to be working on that for probably the next six months to a year...

--Jonah

P.S. Jason, I've been inquiring about what you've got going on and so far these folks are baffled... Still looking.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA - your meds sound like Borg! "They've adapted!!".
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the news that the latest MRI shows more tumor and that they apparently want to do more surgery to remove it.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps