Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The 25 Worst Sequels Ever Made (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The 25 Worst Sequels Ever Made
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see a picture of that mural. And, what's wrong with Conan the Destroyer? It's not like Barbarian was exactly high art. . . Unless they're penalising it for the lack of any line like "To hear duh cries and lamentations of dere vomen!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about sequals to movies that just DON'T REQUIRE A SEQUAL!!

Cube II and III
Cruel Intentions II and III

*I have NOT seen these movies*.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, uh, here is a picture where you can't actually see the mural much at all, but it is the best I could find.

I don't own a camera, but I'll see what I can do.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see it too. How Superman 4 and The Ten Commandments could be reconciled is of keen interest. A morbid fascination.

RE the list: I'd argue that American Psycho 2 or any number of the Police Academy sequels might be considerably worse than several of their selections. As someone who has paid cash-y money to own Starship Troopers 2 on DVD, I feel I may be especially suited to sussing these things out. To that end, I worry that Halloween was underrepresented. I wasn't sure whether the presumption was that the original was a great movie and the follow-ons crap, or whether it was just talking about shitty movies that just happen to be sequels. Not being versed in the canon of Iron Eagle or the Delta Force sagas, it probably wouldn't be fair for me to judge. Also 2 Fast, 2 Furious.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Well, uh, here is a picture where you can't actually see the mural much at all, but it is the best I could find.

I don't own a camera, but I'll see what I can do.

OMG Where is this place - those barren hills in the background it looks like Mars or the Moon!

Maybe there is some common thread that runs between all of the pictures in the mural... and the artist thought he was really clever when he painted it. Maybe you've got to find the connection to unlock the deeper mystery... WHY are they making a Night Rider movie?????

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knight Rider.

Why not? As long as the car isn't crap like it was on "Knight Rider 2000". And as long as it pretends "Team Knight Rider" never ever happened.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

All of the Tremors sequels should be up there.

Come on....Reba with GUNS! You know the country boy in you just had to have his....um....heart....throbbing at that!

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Highlander sequals should definately be up there.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Like "Men in Black II"... or "Home Alone"...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Back to the Future 2? I don't think anyone's mentioned that one. The rehashing of all the jokes from the first one. The fact that they completely ignored one of the "rules" of time travel the set up in the first movie as a major part of the plot for the second (i.e. when you travel to the future, you skip over all that time; thus when Doc took Marty into the future, his children shouldn't have existed because Marty wouldn't have existed for all that time).

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? When was that established in the first movie?

And the second one is arguably my favorite, with their attempts to go round and fix all of Biffy's temporal incursions. Braxton would be proud...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reba isn't in any of the Tremors sequels; Tremors itself is great; Tremors 2 has its moments.

quote:
OMG Where is this place - those barren hills in the background it looks like Mars or the Moon!
This from an Australian. Anyway, it's just, you know, home.

I guess you can blame some of it on Lake Missoula, though the real excitement was all to the northeast of where I'm sitting.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Not being versed in the canon of Iron Eagle or the Delta Force sagas..."

Iron Eagle II--AWESOME. Iron Eagle III & Iron Eagle IV--not so much.

STILL think Louis Gossett, Jr. would've been a WAY better Joseph Sisko than Brock Peters.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Like "Men in Black II"... or "Home Alone"...
True - about Home Alone - the plot contrivance repeating itself was rediculous - but you could say that added (minorly) to the humour.

MIBII - well if they did it correctly - especially with the ending of the first movie - they could have made a whole bunch of movies based on the idea (let's hope they don't).

So what I'm saying is - movies where the first movie so definitively finishes that there is no room for a sequal.

CUBE and Cruel Intentions come to mind - their story only fits the first movie - anything else they should just call it another movie.

Anything else?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
quote:
This from an Australian. Anyway, it's just, you know, home.

I guess you can blame some of it on Lake Missoula, though the real excitement was all to the northeast of where I'm sitting.

Heheheh - yeah I live in Australia but not in like Coober Peady or Woomera or the Simpson Desert! [Smile]

So those mountains/ranges are actually quite lush - covered in grass lands? I think in the cinema pick (taken at dusk it seems) - I'm used to seeing ranges like that in Australia where it's nothing but red dirt. I didn't expect to see such a thing in Washington State. Maybe out in the 'middle' of the US. [Smile] Looks quite beautiful.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps