Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Adding To My Tally (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Adding To My Tally
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So last night, around 7pmish, I was driving west on Paper Mill Road, when the large SUV in front of me made a rather sudden and sharp turn onto a hidden driveway.

Confronting me on the road, previously blocked by the bulk of the SUV, was a deer.

I'm sure you can see where this was going.

Fortunatly for me, the deer was already dead (or I'd have one squashed Celica and a pancaked me inside). However, it was stretching across my lane, so, thankful for no oncoming traffic, I swerved into the other lane to avoid the bulk of the dead deer.

I am pretty sure I ran over the deer's head, though.

No word on whether or not it did a Phil Reatardo. Going over it felt like any other pot hole.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have guessed that it would have been more speed bump like.

So, a quarter point for it already being dead.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever done a pigeon? Crunchy.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to find that "Road Kill Cafe" cookbook.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have that poster.

Also, once I ran over a possum with the left front *and* rear tire - two distinct thuds - and when I looked in my rearview mirror the thing was *getting back up and walking away.* Heard similar stories from people around town before...those things are tough.

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a bus run over a pigeon once, it wasn't so much crunchy, more like it went pop like bursting a baloon! I pitied the people who were standing closer and got covered in pigeon blood.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they use it to write hexes and spells?
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double post.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine put a huge engine (something like a 3000cc Ford Granada auto) into his BL Mini. The radiator got so hot, he once hit a crow, and he soon after smelled something burning. When he stopped to get out and have a look, he found a roast crow, ready to go.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, I find dead rats, birds, moles, gophers, you name it behind the front bumpers of cars at work. I sometimes put them in the back of my bosses car.

I also had an experience like GBs friend. Ran over a pigeon and it got caught up near the exhaust manifold. They smell remarkably like chicken after a couple hours.

Snay, I'm glad you didn't fuck up your car, those deer do a lot more damage than I thought possible before I started working at the BS. Just be glad you weren't on a bike, that gives me nightmares.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

That reminds me, when I was in middle school one of our teachers hit a rabbit at highway speed... it punched in his grill, shattered a headlight, and cracked a windshield. His wife thought he really hit a deer and he was pulling her chain about the rabbit, at first. Such a tiny thing...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My uncle destrpyed his daughter's cat one chilly morning when he started up his car: the cat was (some-fucking-how) up inside the engne for warmth (it gets cold in gainsville where they live).
Turns out there is a local service that deals with roadkills and offers pressure-cleaning of cars and such.
He said the cat was torn to shreds (by the belts I suppose).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To shreds, you say?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM SPOILER GOD

FEAR MY WRATH

THE SPECIFICS AND, INDEED, FACT OF PHIL LEOTARDO'S DEATH CONSTITUTE SPOILERS FOR THE SOPRANOS FINALE EPISODE "MADE IN AMERICA" WHICH, IF IT HADN'T JUST BEEN SHOWN IN THE UK WOULD ENSURE YOU WOULD BE WEARING THE ANTLERS OF YOUR LATEST VICTIM, ONLY SURGICALLY INSERTED VIA YOUR. . .

STOP!!

Wha... ER, WHAT?

I AM DEER GOD

FEAR MY WRATH MORE

DEER GOD!

THE VERY SAME. WE HAVE PLANS FOR THE SNAY.

FINE. TAKE HIM, HE'S YOURS. BOOR BUGGER.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atta boy Lee, verily I read that......

Jason, between the belt and fan blades they make a mess alright, although not a lot of cat noise....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps