Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Adding To My Tally (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Adding To My Tally
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a hatchback.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife has just acquired a Honda Jazz:

-

Not all that dissimilar to a Toyota Matrix:

-

And hers is even an automatic! I blame myself, really. Well, I have to - it's a car my grandmother bought just before my grandffather died, and she's now moved into a serviced/sheltered apartment and doesn't need it anymore. She was either going to give it to my mum or my cousin (whose car has just died) and the cousin was winning, so I thought I'd muddy the waters and stir a bit by suggesting we'd borrow it, and my gran or mum could have use of it when ever they needed it. But not my cousin, bwahahahahaah! It wasn't brand-new, though, it's a 55 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_car_number_plates ).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Station wagons are all the rage nowadays... Hence the success of the Dodge Magnum. The market seems to be going towards large family cars again rather than SUVs/minivans. I tell you, if I had a fair-sized family I'd rather drive a station wagon than a minivan.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I dare you to say that again once you *do* have a fair-sized family. A station wagon would be fine for trips around town, but any long drives and you'll wish you had a minivan. Not only do kids usually have a lot of stuff they need to bring (especially babies), but it's a lot easier to separate them in a minivan when they're fighting. We recently traded in our '94 Pathfinder for an '04 Odyssey. Up until then, my wife was adamant about never wanting to own a minivan, but now I don't think she'll ever want to go back.

And, "Station wagons are all the rage nowadays"? I haven't noticed many at all myself. Maybe it's popular in your area, but definitely not mine.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruiser-class forever.

Ugh, the chippie I'm all interested in drives a fucking Xterra. I'm gonna have t'learn how to be a transport captain. How annoying.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Jazz is what I think it is, here it's called the "Honda Fit."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, actually, that is a Fit.

And I don't have any family at all, BJ, which is why I have a hatchback. [Big Grin]

The Dodge Magnum is rather popular 'round these parts. If there were equivalents from other marques, I'm sure I'd be seeing those as well. But a lot of Chargers, 300s, Impalas, Five Hundred/Taurus, etc etc.

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same, although it seems 1/2 ton and larger trucks are very popular around here too. Mostly because it's damn near impossible to get anywhere without a 4x4 in the winter.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes, I noticed that when I was in Alberta last winter. Even the RCMP drive trucks, heh.

--------------------

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, those old Crown Vics get stuck pretty bad here in the winter. They're smart not to take anything less than a full size truck with 4x4 down some of the roads around here. I just with I had one too [Frown]

I find it hard to believe that, even after living in Saskatchewan for 20 odd years, the roads are still a surprise for me during the winter. I damn near rear ended some poor old lady in a Jetta yesterday. I was coming up on a four lane intersection and when I hit the brakes my truck just started sliding. I braked early but I knew I was in trouble. I saw the back bumper of the Jetta coming up fast and I started panicking, I aimed for the spot between the Jetta and the 1/2 ton in the other lane and I missed them both with about a hand span on either side of my fenders. I swear I peed a little then but neither of the other drivers even noticed that they missed getting plowed by mere inches. Next time I'll take my chances with the four foot high snowbank...

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snow has surprised me before with its hardness. My brother plowed into a snowbank in our shared car when we were both still in highschool, and actually dented the door from the impact.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore! If it snows around here, people just take the day off, and go back to work/school the next day after it's melted. [Big Grin]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like when I lived in Texas. If there was a dusting that didn't stick to the roads, everything closed because people panicked and didn't want to drive in it. (Of course on the rare mid-January early mornings when there was a bit of ice on the ground frozen the night before when the weather dipped its toes into the freezing point, there were a lot of accidents - people weren't taught how to drive on ice when they were earning their license. So maybe they were right to panic ;P)
Da_bang80
Member # 528

Well, for me, most of the time it's fun to drive on the ice. Getting going is a bitch, stopping is double bitchy, but you know, doing a powerslide around that corner or doing a 360 spin over in that parking lot. It's like a winter wonderland. Everything else sucks though. I hate winter.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

We used to do that in high school. We had an open campus, so when people left for lunch, there'd be a whole line of cars purposely fishtailing down the main road.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps