Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The John C. Webb Memorial Ideas Thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The John C. Webb Memorial Ideas Thread
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...And an Congressional inquiry into Batman and Robin comics and their corruptive influence on the youth of America. [Cool]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate super heroes. Never liked batman, superman, spiderman, aqua man (who has all the same powers of spongebob square pants), or any other _____ man. Not even wonder woman.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Batman when I was very young, but even then I thought there was something fishy about Robin.

Cancer is getting epidemic because of all the chemicals in the air, water, food - even clothing.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Robin is the main reason I never watched Hero cartoons. Something about GROWN MAN IN A SKIN-THIGHT BODY SUIT didn't sit right at the age of 5.

I just lost an uncle to brain cancer. He had it all planned out, so there were no surprises, but still..... unexpected.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thights sit right now though?

It would be nice to be able to face your demise peacefully enough to plan it. I do not know if I would do that.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

About Caner: Is it me or does seem that more and more people are dropping like flies from cancer every year? Like Epidemic proportions.

Jeff Healey a few days ago, and I heard today that Patrick Swyasie in in hopital with a rare form of Cancer.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the ghost of Brad Westlake!! He cursed them all!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, mmm, uhhh, any word yet?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there isn't anything else, I think it is time that we closed and unstickied this thread. Of course the other thread can remain open.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's sad we can't do any more, but we've made the best, most respectful attempt we can reasonably do to contact his family and pass on our condolences. For them it's been nearly six months since he passed away, I'm sure they miss him but why stir up their grief again?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to mention something I've been thinking about - if anyone here wants the members of Flare notified in the event something happens to them, I think they should make sure to tell their families about it, so the rest of us will be notified.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably an idea these days to make a note of silly little things, like us, and put it in your safe box in case of the unexpected.

I think that given our sidetracking we should probably close the thread. It's important that all who wanted to have said their piece, but we should probably stop this thread wandering off further than it has.

Oh and thanks Diane for all you've done on this one.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Dan has a point there. Might be something to look into.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I'd like to mention something I've been thinking about - if anyone here wants the members of Flare notified in the event something happens to them, I think they should make sure to tell their families about it, so the rest of us will be notified.

Or otherwise absence-inducing scenarios.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on living forever....so far so good.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps