Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Funny money (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Funny money
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, has any one else seen the new designs for the coins in Britain?

For those that havn't there's this BBC page, or someone even geekier than me has probably got them on Wikipedia allready.

Personaly, I don't like them.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it feels like i'm looking at the shield through a broken window...

very modern looking, but i wonder how good they'll look once they get knocked around a bit.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of hard to tell much from the picture, but they look fugly.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not convinced about them myself, will wait until one turns up in my wallet before deciding. Personally I quite like our current money, but then again when it comes to stuff like this I'm a bit old fashioned. I also wonder whether these will be the last designs ever, if we join the Euro? Just a thought...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they EVER do that to american currency...

George Bush would have a hard time putting it together. Might get confused about where the eagle head goes...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've gone forty years without changing the coins, and they decide to do it now? I mean, let's be fair : the queen is over 80 years old. Most likely, it won't be too much longer before they have to change the fronts of the coins, anyway.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they're figuring by the time she keels they'll adopt the Euro.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, actually. Modern is the right word.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard $5 bills will be purple fairly soon.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd have thought there was some archaic law about cutting up the royal coat of arms like that...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them, especially the new one-pounder, but I still think there's too many of them. :-)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a set they look nice, but I imagine as individual pieces I don't think they'd look very good without a design unto themselves, but then I suppose that's what old Liz is for.
Anyway, there's something...wrong about separating the three lions like that.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the polygon shapes... I wish our money in the US was more like that. Of course, I wish they'd put more color in our paper money too. Can barely see the color now.

It's funny I wasn't like that and used to make fun of Canada's Monopoly Money. Then I spent time there and saw how convenient it is. Quick glance and I know what bills are what.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather like the new designs for most of our US bills. It's nice modernization of the look. Now if they'd just redesign the $1 bill... in 100 years, all the current ones might be out of circulation...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind these new ones, though they obviously won't look as shiny and (dare I say it?) sexy as this even when they come out of the press, nevermind once they've been in circulation for a while.

I hope they'll still do the occasional variation for special events and such, like they currently do. I love looking through my change and finding a design I haven't seen before. It's a nice little surprise after breaking a note. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps