Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Funny money (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Funny money
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
I heard $5 bills will be purple fairly soon.

They are. I think they started circulation last week

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I saw one a few days ago. Kinda looks like a regular bill that someone spilled Kool-Aid on.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't Austrailia use plastic money? ( the history channel special I watched could be wrong)

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the new five dollar bills. They have little 5's hidden all over.

link

[ April 08, 2008, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: TSN ]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10's and 20's and 50's have been doing that for awhile. (Wouldn't know about 100's. Heh.)
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the bills in my pocket.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then the bills in your pocket are old. They're phasing 'em out, though.

I got an old-style (small portrait, monochrome, not shiny) $20 bill from an ATM last month, and it was surreal. I hadn't realized how long it's been since I'd seen one.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Ic was looking at some of my money while in NYC ( I was told to count it 3 times a day), and I saw many different types of bills, from the newer to the old ones.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Told to count it 3 times a day? Way to make you guys look like backwater hick tourists.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The breaking up of the royal coat of arms on the new British coins reminds me of Mexico's coins. The 1, 2, 5, and 10 peso coins are made up of two pieces; an outer ring made from a different metal than the center piece. The outer rings of the 1, 2, and 5 peso coins each have different rings from the Aztec sun stone while the center of the 10 peso coin has the center of the sun stone. The four coins together contain most of the Aztec calendar.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you repeatedly count your money? Pickpockets are not going to take your wallet, remove a portion of the money, then put your wallet back.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, fingering you cash in public is an excellent way to get yourself mugged.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

We were told to do it in our hotel rooms, or on the coach busses that we traveled on. I managed to only spend about $100 out of $200. Mostly on food. I don't want to see another McDonalds for 6 months. The hotel room was a piece of shit. -The Hotel Pennsylvania, though it is situated right near Madison Square garden, and only 18 blocks from Times Square, though there are two peep show houses located within a block, so the location is not THAT ideal. No one smiles in NYC! A man in a mini van told all 200 of us to fuck off as we crossed the street to load the buses to go home yesterday.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warms the cockles of my little metal heart.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They made you pay for your food?? I had a trip in 8th grade to Washington DC, which was a 24 hour drive for us (and we actually did spend 24+ hours on the frigging *bus*) and our meals were taken care of. We paid $650 to get to go, and the company got discounts on tours, food, hotel rooms, etc. so we could spend all our pocket money on fauxkleys and Siko and Ralex watches.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps