Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Funny money (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Funny money
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to know the Apple hasn't completely cleaned up it's act.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I went to DC in 7th grade, the meals were paid for in the trip price of $275, with 50 bucks pocket money for trinkets. This time though, we paid $550, and I brought 200 for food and gifts, but it would have been too expensive to include meals. THe only paid for meal was at the ESPN game zone. Crappy brunch...

But, paid for meals would have meant that every one would have had to go with a chaperone who held the vouchers, or require everyone to go to the same restaraunt. We got to walk around the area in groups of 4 or more for most of our exploration time. THat way, we could shop where we wanted, eat where we wanted etc. There were some restaurants right near the hotel for breakfasts and stuff, namely McDonalds and a Chinese place, with a starbucks just down the road.

We might be invited back to Lincoln Center as all groups recieved long standing ovations, from the community members that went, not just the parents that attended. Appearently they printed 1000 more programs than they needed, so everybody got to take a bunch home with them. I might try to sell most of mine on E-bay, not that anyone would want them, but I might make a few cents off of them. I have a few for myself, which I might get signed by my teacher.

Plans for next year's trip include Chicago and Disney World. I think Carnegie hall has also invited us back for their 2009 or 2010 season. Probably be majorly expensive though.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we were held on a pretty tight leash, being scurvy little rats of 13 or so. The adults misbehaved more than we did though. They got in a swearing match with the chaperones from another group over seats at the Marine Corps Band show.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no swearing match here. Some of the teachers were a bit awe struck at the view from the Top of The Rock. It was beautiful. Made me wish I had a girl friend to enjoy it with.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*clicks tongue* Awwww. ;D
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Thats what the girls around me said too. If only they werent taken. Times Square was beautiful at night. I felt required to go to the huge Toys R Us for my brother, to get some pictures of the Ferris wheel there. I have since developed a fear of revolving doors. They are trying to eat me...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I've been scared of revolving doors since I was little. There's always just a moment of hesitation before I enter one, and I do it a bit too quickly to be ...well, normal. Kind of like "get me the fuck in there before it chops my arm off."
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps