Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Happy Terror War Anniversary! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Happy Terror War Anniversary!
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, a year ago today the US-British coalition began bombing Afghanistan to flush out the Taliban and bin Laden. Let's see how things are going: Over 50 people have died, mostly in accidents; Mullah Omar is at large; bin Laden may or may not be alive, and a new government's been put in place. One that's already tried to be destabilized. On top of that, we'll have another war on our hands in no time!

Happy Terror War Day!

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More then 50 people have died. Or you talking about coalition troops? For a year's work, that's not bad: I think twice that number died in the first Iraqi War.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, our bombing has killed and injured quite a few people... from oth sides....

How would people re-act if we were isolationists?? Letting China be the 'world cop' as they say???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it'd probably be an improvement. aside from the shocking human rights violations they put on their own people, the Chinese dont rape and pillage nearly as much as the US Government outside their country. i've yet to hear of them randomly bombing civilian targets in the middle east to cover up their government leaders being fellated. is their current leader mad at anyone because his father was a black ops spook who supplied weapons to petty tyrants, and was then betrayed and now has vowed to wipe out daddies enemies one by one in staged wars?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i've yet to hear of them randomly bombing civilian targets in the middle east to cover up their government leaders being fellated.
It's not so much a matter of them randomly bombing civilian targets as their armed forces being badly trained and incompetant.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Veers, you've been here too long to be forgiven for making such an obvious posting mistake.
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry.. roamed into hyperbole there.

should be

"i've yet to hear of them randomly bombing supposed military/terrorist targets in the middle east to cover up their government leaders being fellated, and then end up bombing civilian targets due to an incompetent military."

but you have to admit thats still pretty bad.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I meant over 50 coalition troops...I think thousands of Afghans have been killed. As for the so called "Posting error," I had just gotten up when I posted it, and you know how that is...

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:

How would people re-act if we were isolationists?? Letting China be the 'world cop' as they say???

Well, if you were isonalisionists, you'd never find out.

Or would you!!???!!!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
isonalisionists

?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

isolyticionists popped up in voyager's technobabble a lot i think.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
aside from the shocking human rights violations they put on their own people, the Chinese dont rape and pillage nearly as much as the US Government outside their country
Do you really believe this?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether he believes it or not would depend on how he views the status of Tibet, one assumes.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
53 people have died in the war on terror so far. Referenced in speech on 10-7-02.

Our country has a terrible human rights record. I was appalled by the long list of rights abuses listed by Amnesty International for our country. We don't have a leg to stand on when criticizing other nations for their violations of human rights.

This war is being created some think in an effort to build an American Empire. This is the most plausible reason I have heard yet for our reasons for this war. We have individuals in the administration, close to the key figures, who have written articles on a Pax Americana for the Defense Department and the National Security Council. Truthfully, I think we would create a lousy empire. As a nation, we don't think it is our obligation or our duty to be educated about another country.

This is pointed out tonight. President Bush has said the people of Iraq would be happy for us to liberate them from Hussein. The individuals who have visited Iraq and have come to know the culture say this is a misreading of the peoples' opinions. If we are capable of this misunderstanding, how much more so will we be as an empire? The rulers of an empire can be exceedingly arrogant and overconfidant in their military might. I think it is possible to see where this might be a very bad thing.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A report on Afghanistan

http://www.msnbc.com/news/812357.asp?pne=msn

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps