Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Happy Terror War Anniversary! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Happy Terror War Anniversary!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Republicans have shown tendencies for a very long time of having imperialist ambitions. One of our strongest, and one of our most identifiable, presidents, Theodore Roosevelt committed imperialist actions to have the Panama Canal built
Which had the side effect of economically benefiting Panama, as well as just about every other country in the world, by reducing the travel time for oceangoing vessels by a considerable fraction. And all that for the small price of supporting the Panamanian revolution from Colombia (now a Narcostate.) Suez, anyone?

quote:
and sent an armada on a global trip in an effort to showcase American might and industry.
Whoop-a-dee doo. It took us that long just to HAVE a respectable navy. Nothing wrong in being proud of the fact. It's not as though we were the first or last country to project power.

quote:
Furthermore, in his presidency, Americans were waging a long forgotten campaign in the Philippines
So it went from being a Spanish possession to being an American one.

Incidentally, another Democrat has gone 'round the bend...

I suspect this man will be remembered with WWII-era Lindbergh...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134549992_mcdermott07m.html

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, is this a posiblity...

A president with such a goal is a possibilty, no matter the party this type of thing has had to be brewing with someone able to get in to the office...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and most of Al Qaeda's cash
The answer being right from the pockets of the House of Saud. Who they are eager to kill anyway.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ First of Two: Yes, I did indeed overreact. But I was in a REALLY bad mood yesterday and G.W.B. is my "pet hate" at the moment, hence my remarks. And I don't have anything against the U.S. in general, quite the contrary, it's just the current government I can't connect to in any way. (But it seems that most of the world can't either.)

@Snay: I'm sorry, I thought your comment was aimed at me. Should have thought before I wrote that. As for why I didn't - see above.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The whole country for the people of Islam functions in the same capacity as the Vatican City does for Catholics, Jerusalem for the Jews,

I think Jerusalem is holy for Christians and muslims too....

quote:
WE are ultimately the bosses of this land
lol

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This land is my land, this land is your land.....

oh, uhh, nevermind....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think Jerusalem is holy for Christians and muslims too....
Jerusalem is going to be nothing but a hole in the ground if things keep going the way they are.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but a very holy hole.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Samuel L. Jackson would agree.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps