Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Happy Terror War Anniversary! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Happy Terror War Anniversary!
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We don't have a leg to stand on when criticizing other nations for their violations of human rights.
Who is "We"? I didn't do any of those things, did you? Oh, you mean "We" as in America.

We as Americans unfortunately/fortunately don't control all the other Americans in the world.

Because of this, bad things sometimes happen.

This is due to the fact that there are Bad People in Places of Power, irregardless of the way things should be.

In an ideal situation, the Bad People in Places of Power would always be punished for their deeds. In an ideal situation, people that did Bad Things Period would be punished for doing evil stuff. But, "We" ain't there yet.

Now, and further more: Adolf Hitler was pretty well liked by a lot of Germans, wasn't he? I'll bet if you asked a typical non-jew on the streets of Berlin in 1939 if they thought Hitler should be deposed, they'd laugh in your face. "silly Amerikanzer. What do you know of our ways?"

You know...America has really fucked up quite a bit throughout it's short history. This is not even a question. (It's done quite a few good things, too, but this is always forgotten in lieu of the negative...I digress) But...even though our president appears to be an inept fool half the time, does that make Saddam Hussien any less dangerous? Did he not just up and invade another fucking country a few years ago? If he had nuclear weapons, does anybody believe he wouldn't use them, if not on America, then on somebody else?

What do you think caused all those mysterious illnesses that American troops returning home had? What was it? It was from a biological attack. And don't be blind and say it wasn't...British SAS forces got it too, and they've been in that region doing nasty shit to people for years, and they've never gotten it before the Gulf War. (If they had, or if anybody had, it wouldn't have been such a mystery, would it?)

Who uses that kind of weapon? A fucking nutcase, that's who. Biological weapons could potentially destroy all of civilization.

This absurd notion that Bush is trying to set up a new American Empire is beyond ridiculous. He's not smart enough and frankly, he doesn't have the balls.

Any attempt at setting up some empire like in Star Wars in the middle east would completely destabilize the entire world. Even the Republicans can see that.

The Republican Goal isn't to trash the place, plant a flag, and call it texas. The Goal is to put a government there that "We" can do Buisness with. Actually That's the Goal in the middle east period. Because "We" Don't like people that we can't do buisness with.

That's why Vietnam was fought. That's why the Korean War was fought. That's why the Gulf War was fought. That's why every war is ever fought. Buisness, in one form or another.

Having stable governments that are generally not evil in power is Good Buisness. 9-11 and this War on Terror rhetoric is window dressing to an action that was going to happen anyway.

I personally don't think this impending invasion thing is a good idea. So, I agree with those who say that this shouldn't be going on...but this paper-thin reasoning of what's going on here (Bush is A fucking asshole! That's why it's happening!) is really stupid.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It�s no surprise that the Pentagon is shying away from a long-term troop commitment. There are other battles to fight in the war on terrorism, and the tragedy of Somalia � when a 1992 U.S.-led peacekeeping mission got bogged down in clannish feuds � is still fresh in Washington�s mind."

Yeah, 'cuz it's our moral duty to impose our vastly superior Western values on those moronic, backwards amalgamations of sand and ragheads. Kinda like during the inquisitions when we shoved our religion and whatnot down the throats of them Aztek barbarians in the name of Jezus fucking Christ, et all. They studied such worthless things as mathematics and astronomy for crying out loud! You call that a civilized culture?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking about it, I would prefer a bit of isolationism....

I can also see the MSNBC being objective in it's writing and reporting about the government....

About human rights violations....

Is this a blank policy that has been put in place to keep The Party in it's position of power, or are they random acts of stupidity???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman, that's absolutely right. Just because the U.S. as such a "civilized culture" don't like to do business with certain countries doesn't mean their leaders have to be bombed out of office!

Take the other side: the U.S. DOES like to do business with countries like Israel. Yet they are no better than Iraq!

If S.H. attacked Israel I couldn't even blame him. Think about it before starting to flame. What are the Israelis doing? They are constantly trying genocide on the Palestinians - there is no other word for it. The P. had their land taken away from them and then the I. were not even content with what they had. Instead they had to build settlements even in those areas that were left to the P.
Kind of reminds me of the behavior of the U.S. settlers towards the Indians - no? Well, that explains why the U.S. can relate better to the Israelis than to the Palestinians - common historical conduct!

What I am trying to say is that I can completely understand the sentiments of the Arab world towards Israel and their most important ally. It's not just Iraq that doesn't like then, remember.

So who do you think Saddam is trying to reach with his weapons of mass destruction? I think there is only one sensible conclusion isn't there?
At the moment it's hard for me to agree with the U.S. way in this matter. I applaude people like Susan Sarandon and her movement who demonstrate that there is more to America than just an idiotic government with delusions of absolute power over the whole world!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, well, that was helpful.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like most of your contributions, yes.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, got gonna respect political movements run by celebrities with zero political experience... especially Janet Weiss.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should do something about Saudi Arabia, too. They kill, rape, and torture their citizens maybe as much as Saddam Hussein. But no, they're our friends. They give us our oil!

--------------------
Meh

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Snay:

quote:
Like most of your contributions, yes.

Thank you so VERY much. As if YOUR contributions were any better.
Ok, I know I'm just a second class citizen because I don't live in the holy land of the blessed George W. the Almighty... [Mad]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Snay was referring to Omega.

You silly foreign person. [Razz]

Overreact much?

Or is just another example of the new "Gripe first, check your facts later" order of business?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
I think we should do something about Saudi Arabia, too. They kill, rape, and torture their citizens maybe as much as Saddam Hussein. But no, they're our friends. They give us our oil!

They don't invade their neighbors, attempt to assassinate our citizens, or have a history of utilizing WMD's, either.

Good use of 'maybe' to get around a lack of substantiating evidence, though.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(Saudi Arabia does not) attempt to assassinate our citizens
A curious claim, considering where most of the September 11 highjackers and most of Al Qaeda's cash came from.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

They were Saudi Nationals, 'tis true. But evidence that they were acting on behalf of the Saudi government remains nonexistent.

IIRC, it is not standard procedure to blame a civilian citizen's acts on his/her government.

--------------------

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudia Arabia is off-limits. Why? Mecca and Medina. The whole country for the people of Islam functions in the same capacity as the Vatican City does for Catholics, Jerusalem for the Jews, and the Ganges River for the Hindus. It is sacred land.

FTCA,

I use the word "we" for we as citizens are responsible for what our country does or doesn't do. WE are ultimately the bosses of this land. The politicians are our elected representatives.

Republicans have shown tendencies for a very long time of having imperialist ambitions. One of our strongest, and one of our most identifiable, presidents, Theodore Roosevelt committed imperialist actions to have the Panama Canal built and sent an armada on a global trip in an effort to showcase American might and industry.
Furthermore, in his presidency, Americans were waging a long forgotten campaign in the Philippines.

Though I am a Democrat, I am not happy with my party. They are willing to pass a resolution which moves our country into a new direction-a new direction which other countries may emulate. The leadership in the party wants economic issues for the campaign so they are willing to put our children on the front lines in an expanding war. In their rush, they have made the war a campaign issue. The economic issues have been put on the backburner until near or after the election. Democrats have bungled badly and the Republicans may gain control of all branches of the government. Lousy leadership, lousy forethought, lousy consequences. Gee, thanks Senator Daschle and Congressman Gephardt. [Roll Eyes]

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Theodore Roosevelt committed imperialist actions to have the Panama Canal built
just so you know, TR didn't start the Panama canal. the French are the ones who started it, and the US simply finished a job that the French expedition was ill equipped for. little facts, you know.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps