Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » How pathetic can it get, part 2 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How pathetic can it get, part 2
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Almighty Falwell god opens his mouth again....

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20021006-085302-7958r.htm

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twat.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Falwell had better hope i never become Emperor. he is towards the top of a long list of people who will be living short, very uncomfortable lives.
IP: Logged
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Christians were terrorists. They burned cities in the Middle East and killed/raped women and children. They hung so-called "witches" to purge sinners among them. They oppress and kill homosexuals for being who they are.

You know, if you really think about it, were Jesus to come back today he'd be crucified AGAIN. I mean, if a guy came down the street and said "I am the Son of God, drop everything and follow me," how would Christians react?

--------------------
life creation in progress

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

with bullets, probably. actually, anyone saying they were the son of god would probably be institutionalized (and with good reason).
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or burned to the ground w/ the rest of their cult.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeerrry... You got some 'splaining to do.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Falwell: "Islam was founded on violence."

Muslims: "No it wasn't! And we'll prove it by rioting and killing people!"

Honestly, what were they thinking? They go out for the sole purpose of protesting what he said, and immediately start acting in a manner to support his statement! How dumb can people get?

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

very.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to current believe systems, Jesus is supposed to get all the true christians off the planet in a great instantaneous disappearance. I guess he has transporters.

So they won't have to worry about not recognizing hime for what he is. In fact: according to my Grandmother, the quickest way to tell if somebody is a false prophet is if they claim to be the Son of God. Jesus "ain't got the need" to do that, he'll show you, not tell.

Regardless of all that, even many Christians don't think very highly of Falwell. Though powerful, he's viewed as a political leech in many sectors, who, as the old saying goes, is serving too many masters.

I would also like to point out that most Christians are not evil witch burning scum, in the same way that most Muslims are not strapping C-4 to their chests.

Though I'm certainly not a Christian, it's beginning to bother me that every thread I see on the net regarding their religion usually has at least one post that mentions witch burning and rampant abuse of homosexuals or so forth.

As if that's all they ever do/did. Please.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To get all specific on that note, orthodox or mainstream Christian doctrine, of all flavors that I am aware of, holds that Christ's return will be a transcendant event, whose value will be self-evident. (The skies rolled back, as it were.) As chronicled in the weird "Revelation" or the highly entertaining "Apocamon."
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point of view is everything....

Were Terrorists, Christians???? Some are still are, look at the doctors killed and clinics burned in the name of God....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I sit here eating a hamburger and calling myself a Hindu, does that make it so?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the gods of Vishnu, that is hilarious... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you say you're a Hindu, who is anyone to say you're not?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps