Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Why are people picking on Futurama Guy? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Why are people picking on Futurama Guy?
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Wraith. Both VP and FG were out of line.

I just read through the First Contacts in TNG, via Picard, et al. thread. I think FG could have responded to VP's comment a little more diplomatically.

And I think VP could have been a little less mean in his replies as well.

Hopefully, some day soon we'll be able to read that thread and laugh.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I get my own thread! I feel so special...you DO love me afterall... [Embarrassed]

And wait, I still dont see what is wrong with my topic? It seemed perfectly relavent, well hell, how else do topics come up in this forum? Its not like I am making some totally queer one up about which "female cast members hair-do is the best and how many times have they changed it?" Unless there is an automated topic generator somewhere or only the special people are allowed to bring up new topics? I am defending my topic more than I am defending getting ripped on.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me explain. We have a long-term member here, currently called Newark. Except he doesn't capitalise things, he's not good at it it seems, so he's newark. Before that he was targetemployee, before that Lindsly, before that USS Trinculo. I am mean to him on a regular basis, I'm trying to stop but it's so much fun.

But, you see, for a while, he would start these new threads with often the most inane of observations, usually Trek-related. I really wish I could search for a couple of good examples but 24 season 2 is starting in 20 minutes so I'm strapped for time. It got to the point where even the nicest people here would just reply "Yeah, so?" and he has since reined it in a bit.

So, in the case of your other thread, you could have put in a paragraph or a couple of sentences explaining what you were trying to say, for the benefit of those who maybe haven't been following the thread (because, say, it's gone off in directions which don't interest us, or we simply don't have time to read every ongoing thread - both excuses apply to me right now).

We don't need another targetemployee, kid. The forums couldn't sustain it. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OTOH, they could do with a second Vogon infusing healthy doses of reality. [Smile]

(On an unrelated and remarkably uninteresting sidenote, newark went by the name of colin, too. But we love him all the same.)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps it was an overreaction on my part to start this thread...this discussion seems to be getting a bit long-winded.

But seriously, I don't think the compilation of TNG first contacts was in any way pointless or inane. On the contrary, I haven't seen a definitive listing anywhere before, and given the 27-species figure quoted in Nemesis (and before anyone says anything, I hardly think that's a spoiler for the film) I had been curious.

But I think we've covered about as much ground as we're going to here.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Im at the point that Im just trying to post enough that I can upload files on here. [Big Grin]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read this thread, but from the title alone, Futuramaguy - I'm not. If that's any consolation! [Smile]

Maybe your just our resident Zoidberg! [Smile]

Now get outta here ya windy barnacle!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Newark was targetemployee!?! and USS Trinclo!?! Maybe people should have a name history in their profiles.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
...most of the people here I care about talk with via ICQ and email anyway...

I'm hurt, Lee. Not one word.

Granted, no ICQ for me...but STILL!! It's the THOUGHT that counts, dammit!!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Hey, Im at the point that Im just trying to post enough that I can upload files on here. [Big Grin]

Now that's one thing that we don't need around here. People posting just to get a certain post count so they can do stuff. If you're going to post something, make it meaningful. Unless you're Tim who has a reply in just about every thread on Flare... [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Oh Lord, here we go again with the 'shoulds' and the 'shants'. Next thing I am going to hear is that I am now limited to 100 posts a month....

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus. Just, you know, go outside or something.

It's just a messageboard.

Go have sex with a woman.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Futurama Guy, he's absolutely right on that account. Posting simply for the sake of increasing one's post count or member status is NOT a favorable thing to do. There may even be a board rule about it, but I'm not sure. In any case, that's a definite no-no. Not just for newbies, but for everyone.

I get the feeling you were joking when you said that, though...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

ahh...good call...and yet I am the one who isnt supposed to take everything i read so seriously. I was only referred to THIS category about yours truely. [Smile] Otherwise, yeah I really havent made any irrelavent posts anywhere else....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Excuse me, I'm not picking on him (yet!). 8)

Uh...actually I was citing you as an example of someone that has been sniped , not as sniper yourself!
Guilty concience? [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps