Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "Decapitation strike" defined (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: "Decapitation strike" defined
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a person stops, while on the battlefield, and takes the time to fully comprehend what one is doing they will become rooted to the spot. That is why combat troops have nightmares after the fact, and not during, up blot it out and act act cavalier about it.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whereas Omega's preferred choice would be to shoot any carloads full of civilian dark people on sight.

Again I ask, can anyone here still manage to think that Lee is not an ass?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, Omeychops is just so nice - he can't even bring himself to call me an asshole. Instead he has to ask if there's anyone who doesn't think I'm one. There are so many double negatives in there I'm totally in the dark as to whether I'm an asshole by public acclaim, or not. Go on, Stephen, call me an asshole, I guarantee you it'll make you feel much better. "The eternal battle between good and evil, saints and sinners. . . But you are still not having FUN!"

So, yes, I'm an asshole. The way I figure it, if a racist, homophobic, Christian fundamentalist adolescent little bigot thinks I'm an asshole, then I must be doing something right. Because God fucking forbid I might ever think the same way as you. About anything. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Again I ask, can anyone here still manage to think that Lee is not an ass?"

I'm going to predict the answer is still "yes".

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Letter from today's Telegraph:
quote:
Sir - The reason for the American forces loosing off a variety of ordnance at their allies is simple. Poor training.

I spent many years of my time in the Royal Air Force as a target recognition instructor. It is a requirement of all aircrew to reach and maintain a high standard of recognition as part of their categorisation. It was a pass/fail subject when I taught it.

Fifty per cent of the recognition course concentrated on "blue" forces, which then meant all Nato kit. On some of my courses, there would be American exchange officers, here to fly with our squadrons for a couple of years.

They were always astounded at the level to which we taught recognition. "At home," they would say, "we are told there's a box of slides in the back room if you feel like looking at them, but they're only some Russian stuff."

If you are not taught to recognise equipment of whatever sort - land, sea, or air - in the adrenaline rush of war, it will all look the same - a target.

M E Turner, Rochester, Kent

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Brits have shot up their own, too. So master gentleman Turner may take his attitude and deposit it forcefully into his rectal orifice.

No, Omega, Lee is not an ass. An ad-hominem spewing amateur armchair strategist poseur, but not an ass.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was constructive.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but they did so by accident, not by ignorance, incompetence, or lack of training.

And of course, it's perfectly okay for Omega to ask anyone if Lee is an asshole, but heaven forbid Lee discuss Omega's characteristics. I guess if he'd said "does anyone else think Omega isa racist, homophobic, Christian fundamentalist adolescent little bigot?" then poor old Robert wouldn't be able to post his whole little "ack, ad-hominem spewing..." prattle.

quote:
amateur armchair strategist poseur,
PS -- how does this describe Lee and not you, Rob? If I remember right, at least Lee served in his nation's military. Which gives him a fuck load of credibility as compared to you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
...Which gives him a fuck load of credibility as compared to you.

Just for the record I am not sticking up for Fo2 here. [Big Grin]

Being in the military doesn't give you credibility. Niether does going to collage. I've had morons from both walks of life come in here demanding a job based on the fact that they have some sort of paperwork that they feel makes them "better" in some way than those who do not.

In the end the best operator I have in either plant is Jessie. She dropped out of 9th grade and spent 3 years in prison on drug related charges. However, she has made extreme efforts to learn the job of Cast Film Operator. So well has she done I paid for her GED.

The army brats don't want to work anymore. They all want leadership positions. The collage people are afraid of getting dirty, they all want office jobs.

In the end Credibility is a function of Action and Deeds, not words or paperwork.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well as far as I can tell we all have our little problems. Lee just has a habit of pointing them out in really nasty and generally annoying ways. As for most of us on here we are also assholes. At one time or another we have all behaved less then stellar, and it seems that we are slipping that way again.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Epoch:
As for most of us on here we are also assholes. At one time or another we have all behaved less then stellar, and it seems that we are slipping that way again.

Yeah, like the fact that I have no respect for NASA anymore... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well as far as I can tell we all have our little problems. Lee just has a habit of pointing them out in really nasty and generally annoying ways.

Well, there's also the fact that Lee's are defamitory lies that, if stated in a different place, would result in his being sued for libel...

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? Or is that you can't take an honest look at yourself?

I think the later.

Let's see ...

little ... Assuming Lee is bigger than you ... CHECK!

bigot ... CHECK!

homophobic ... CHECK!

racist ... CHECK!

Christian fundamentalist ... CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!

adolescent ... no check! I think Omega is an adult now. Scary.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"No, Omega, Lee is not an ass. An ad-hominem spewing amateur armchair strategist poseur, but not an ass."

So, what you're saying is that you've got him beat, two to one?

Omega
Member # 91

Hmm... so not only is Lee an ass, Jeff believes the same things. So, since they have all the evidence available at their disposal, and their claims are not supported by that evidence in any way, one can only assume that they're a) purposefully lying, or b) idiots that like holding grudges. Any bets?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps