Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Dancing in the streets of Baghdad (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dancing in the streets of Baghdad
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"BTW, anyone got a count on exactly how many of his own people Sadaam killed in a year, on average? Just curious."

Along w/ that, I'd like a count of how many of his own people Bush killed while he was in charge of Texas.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would like to point out that sponsoring terrorists for attacks against the Western World does constitute an immediate threat.
quote:
It is a simple fact that our governments policy is one of zero tolerance of governments that sponsor terrorism
And yet American citizens have sponsored terrorism in Northern Ireland for, what, 30 odd years now? And there's been no repercussions forthem; does that mean it's ok for a private individual to sponsor terrorism?

quote:
And do not try to insinuate that Japan and Islamic attacks are different, they were both designed to make America not get involved. Another common thing is that they both failed.

Uh... no, actually. The Pearl Harbour attck was designed to prevent the US joining in by eliminating the carrier force. The September 11th and other attcks by Islamist terrorists are designed to eliminate America.Remember, they believe that the US struck first with 'cultural imperialism' and what they see as oppression of Muslim countries.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The_Tom: I guess I am not done stacking 'stupidity' in this thread....

TSN: Convicted killers mostly, we do hope mistakes weren't made, compared to disagreeing with the dictator or being of a different religion. I see this as very comparable, indeed I do....

Wraith: Yes, preventing the invasion of ideas like being able to call your leader a fucking dink, without getting shot. If I recall reading or seeing a news report that said if the US would unconditionally convert to the Islamic religion all terrorist attacks would stop.

Does anyone have any memory of this report? I can't seem to find the dang thing.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten: This might be that article you refer to. It's actually one of those al-Qaeda threats, the one that said "expect us in New York and Washington." About half way down, under the "Related articles" box, there is a paragraph saying "the message ended with a call for Americans to convert to Islam."

--------------------
Meh

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wraith: Yes, preventing the invasion of ideas like being able to call your leader a fucking dink, without getting shot.

Can you do that in the US? [Wink]

quote:
If I recall reading or seeing a news report that said if the US would unconditionally convert to the Islamic religion all terrorist attacks would stop.
LOL. That's likely. i saw a post on some board or other from a Muslim saying that it would be better if we infidels allowed Muslims to be in charge as Islam had a place for us. The arrogance was almost as bad as certain Americans.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers, no, there was an older one that I am thinking of, that expressly said, convert and all will be well woith the world. Of course, the big war machines would be useless, as we'd all be running around blowing each other up with suicide bombers.

mmm, yes, I could call Bush a fucking dink, and, almost think he is, but he's starting to prove himself a capable individual. I'll see what he can do to help the economy, since I don't hold the Pres responsible to fix it. I don't like part of his plan, but heck, I'd be a yes man if I did.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

...and one of the people exercising their right to free speach was (allegedly) doing so on behalf of our friends in Baghdad:

Stand up Mr. Galloway!

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps