Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Our Father the Savior speaketh (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Our Father the Savior speaketh
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was it Ferris Bueller said about "isms"...? [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
My implication was not meant to be along the lines of "I too am reading things published in that famed year of turbulence." but rather "I too am stuck studying 19th century Hegelians."

Ah, right, ok. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Well, don't mind me, then. I just study the stuff.

You do not have an IQ that's reputedly between 167-176. Nor do you wear a skirt. You will not win.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Well, don't mind me, then. I just study the stuff.

OOH.

In that case, do you think Marx is correct when he states that use value can be completely omitted from his derivation of exchange value?

Because it seems that not only can use value be quantified, (marginal utility) but it is the primary force in determining the market value of goods.

If you work for forty years on making the perfect widget, but a widget which no one has a use for, the cost of your labor is irrelevant.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, many "useless" widgets invented over the past two centuries have actually turned out to be quite useful, but hey...

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, of course. Those are the ones you've heard of. [Wink]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If you work for forty years on making the perfect widget, but a widget which no one has a use for, the cost of your labor is irrelevant.

In either 'ism' this is about right, you have to provide an item that is at least useful to someone, in order to recoup your loss in, at least, time. Ask any starving artist....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Adolf Hitler? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps