Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Treason? Traitorous? Or just plain Stupidity? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Treason? Traitorous? Or just plain Stupidity?
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
...Or about covering the Sahara desert with solar collectors, which would provide enough energy for Europe and Africa combined. Then there's the Australian Outback, the Gobi and Tarim deserts in China, the vast arid region that stretches from the Arabian peninsula to India...

I think I prefer the ocean wave power idea. It would be too easy for some crackpot dictator to seize those collectors and threaten the world. Whereas with the ocean idea the US could just protect them with their enormous fleet.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tidal power.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Dixie Chicks fans, remember, if worse comes to worst, you can always do what you probably do anyway...

Swipe it off the net.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! I was reading this thread thinking "Loyality issues? Can we be any more 1955? What we need thrown into the mix is some IP controversy." Now, after two or three pages, someone needs to claim that open source code aids terrorists. When you use Mozilla you're browsing with Osama!

Unwarranted musical taste-related insult: I doubt your average Dixie Chicks fan can even spell MP3, much less listen to one.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MPAA, Microsoft Testify Piracy Funds Terrorism!

Open Source Enables Terrorist States!

MS Cites National Security to Justify Closed Source!

Man I love Slashdot.org

This post is brought to you by terrorism....I mean Mozilla [Wink]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be a member of Al Qaeda then.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have downloaded enough MST3K episodes from KaZaa to give little Ahmed a dynamite belt. You know, those ones that look like a string of hot dogs around the midsection?

Yeah, if I were a suicide bomber, I'd go that route. What's better than opening your jacket to reveal a cluster of dynamite? I bet that waitress Kelly would notice me now, wouldn't she? WOULDN'T YOU NOW, DON'T YOU SEE!?! I LOVE YOU!!?! IF WE CAN'T BE TOGETHER, NO ONE CAN HAVE YOU! BITCH!

Anyway, downloading things from the internet is all grey. Like, I cannot buy Mike Nelsoney goodness in stores. I am not buddies with the Bader-Meinhoff gang. See?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linus is, like, Osama! Every time I compile a kernel, and his name flashes by ominously, my mistrust of him grows. He invades our cyberspace, and we fall back. He assimilates entire computer systems, and we fall back. Not again! The line must be drawn HEAH! This far no farther!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps