Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Separation of Church and State, part whatever (Page 7)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Separation of Church and State, part whatever
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pope can go to hell.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Jesus is going to fuck you up the ass!"
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now,Now Fellers lets show a little respect for the man if not the uniform.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, two things: 1. Fellers? 2. You're a newbie, you're acting like a newbie.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, two things. 1. dude? And 2. He didn't say anything wrong. Cartman posted a frankly rude message for people who are religious, and MM, responsed with, essentially, "that's a bit strong. " If it it had been the other way around you would be spitting bullets.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't spit bullets, Liam, I spit spit.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
In related news:
http://www.eubusiness.com/afp/030827194209.5iajvuy2

Okay, the current EU is a bureaucratic nightmare and completely undemocratic (European Parliament? Who the hell are those people?), and now the church is trying to get involved. Apparently, they want christianity to be somehow different from the other religions, by including it in the new EU constitution. I'm sure all those newbie Eastern European states are only too happy about that. Let's just hope the big three can hold it off.

I agree with you completely. However, as I understand it there is a bit in the new Constitution (which is by no means a just a tidying up exercise) which basically summarises the history of Europe (no, I don't know why it's in there) and which makes no mention of Christianity. Now, whatever your views on the church you have to agree that is just a tiny little ommission [Smile] .

Incidentally economic ties are good (although not necessarily a single currency), political ties are unnecessary! The EU is disturbingly undemocratic and it is worrying how much power it (especially the Commission) have and how little people realise it. For example the recent change to directory inquiries numbers in the UK was the result of a directive from Brussels.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the directory numbers change is the worst thing that's ever happened! Why, the price has come down and everthing! How dare we stand for this?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't actually complaining about it, just giving it as an example of something most people don't know is Brussels ordered. And some of them are actually more expensive (118 888 is the best- or just use the online one).

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cartman posted a frankly rude message for people who are religious..."

I am truly sorry, darling, but I find the very idea of elevating ANY religion above the secular status of the constitution repulsive and, frankly, a lot more insulting to people who aren't religious than my message was to people who are.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, Hell is your own creation. You can't blame us for that [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Personaly I'm not all that keen on religion.I do my best to look at things as a christian but I fall a bit short even in my own eyes. The thing that I was trying to get at was using a little common sense in realising that religion is not going to just go away.Also if it did whats to replace it? As far as the organized religions go they are corrupt,no doubt about that.Jesus was a great man in anyones book.The evil done in his name by fanatics doesn't change that.Carry on with the disscussion.Maybe some good will come of it.P.S.Not good at quoting scripture but Christ did say his kingdom was not of this world.Government should not be a reigion,and vice versa.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Vatican isn't even part of the EU. Maybe the pope should sit down and shut his stupid, beanie-wearing face.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Cartman: No, but what you posted wasn't too far from childish name calling. Come on, you can come up with intellgent arguments. There's no need to drop down to "their" level and start insulting people.

--------------------

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

To clear up the language thing.Aramaic was a trade language with greek roots.It was a common tongue for merchants and scholars at the time and I believe most of the writting of the apostles was in Aramaic.Jesus was from Nazereth.A contemporary description by a Roman Merchant said he had light brown hair,And if I remember correctly grey or blue-grey eyes.The stereotypical Jewish appearance did not exist in the Gene pool at the time.In fact few of the racial characteristics of the modern middle east are the same as they were then.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps