Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I'm Lazy. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm Lazy.
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARGH

Im a lazy person...don't do any housework unless its wiping off the counters. I help with the puppies, and thats about it.

I *could* have a 4.0, but I'm too lazy to do homeowrk and actually study for a test.

I like being outside, but it's chilly here quite often and I don't get much excercise. And I eat like a hog. And I'm getting a bit pudgy.

And it's all my fault! ARGH!

*L*

------------------
Here we go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Go, go, go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Arribe va!! El mundo est� de pie!
Go, Go, Go!! Al�, Al�, Al�!

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. . . you're flaming yourself for being lazy? <8(
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I've flamed myself for much worse. Hell, I've flamed myself for stuff that isn't even my fault.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. A 4.0 what? Is that height, width or girth?

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4.0 is (IIRC, and that's remember, not recall) the highest score one can get with the GPA (grade point average) system that some schools in the US have.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My school district worked on a 7 point scale, but you could never get a 7.0 gpa. I think the highest one could get was a 6.76...

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, the US is almost obsessive in it's anti-metrix hatred.

Would it be too hard for use to use a 10 point scale? Or god forbid; percentages?

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunspot: You call THAT Lazy!? *cracks up*

Oh, take it from me, you've a LONG way to go before you can really call yourself lazy. Heheh.

------------------
listen.to/prophecies/
"Where were you on July 14th?"

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, they use percentages and the 10 point scale to grade reports, tests, quizes, etc.....

the Grade Point Average is a compilation of all the grades one receives for all the classes they take.....
If I take 5 courses at college, the 5 grades I recieve are added together and divided by 5. This number grade (anything between 0 and 100) is then translated to the 4.0 scale with 4.0 being a 100..

------------------
14 days and counting........
*HUGE EFFING BIGASS GRIN*
"Never underestimate the light side .......... ...... of duct tape."

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turns out that I'm far too lazy to even reply in this thread.

Wait....

D'oh!

------------------
I am selling only the concept of karmic realignment.
You can't sell that! Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos.

Brigman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the scale is not that hard to figure out.

• A = 4
  • B = 3
  • C = 2
  • D = 1
  • F = 0

So if you received an A, two B's, a C and a D, your GPA would be (4+3+3+2+1 = 13/5 = 2.6) or a B-.

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

[This message was edited by Brigman on May 23, 1999.]

IP: Logged
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't even get me STARTED on the grading scale! Agh... here in my school district they keep "reworking" the scale to make it so that not so many kids can achieve their goals... I mean, heaven forbid more than ONE person achieve a 4.0 cumulative GPA.... *sigh* For next year, in order to get a 4.0, you pretty much have to get 98% or higher in EVERY class! AND it's required that if you want to be a Validictorian you have to take a certain number of AP classes each year, even though with only 4 periods in a day it's IMPOSSIBLE to schedule all of the AP classes in if you're an arts of foriegn language student.

Oh, yes... my school IS screwed up... but it's okay. I'm not bitter. Really.

~LOA

------------------
"WARNING: Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear."

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. My name is Paul, and I'm lazy too.

------------------
Think of it this way, at least we will be in prison together.
Tom to B'Lanna, upon reaching Earth and and being arrested by Tuvok.

Trinculo
Ex-Member

Brigman-
A 2.6 is a C to a C+. Colleges require students to pass courses with a C- (2.00). BTW, I graduated from my high school with a GPA of 3.5 and a community college with a GPA of 3.52.

Simon
Ex-Member

Another short complaint about the your education system.

Why can't you use the letter E on your report cards? Even in your county F does not follow D. And if you really need your lowest mark to stand for Failure, then why don't you use a six letter system?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps