Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The War in Kosovo (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The War in Kosovo
Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ground troops are the only option. You can't win a war from the air.

And, on another note, does anyone find it interesting that it was the Chinese Embassy that was hit. If it were the American or British or French or Canada, NATO allies, that would be an accident. But it seems a bit weird that the Embassy bombed would be that of a country that is on Miloshevic's side. Me thinks that the Chinese were helping the Serbs out in someway, and NATO found out about it. With satellites, reconaissance planes, and spies on the ground checking out targets, false identification is a pretty pathetic excuse.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Simon
Ex-Member

On a continent of difficult histories, the Serbains probably have had the worst. They are not going to give up to NATO air attacks. For the Serbs the battle of Kosovo is unimaginably important. It is a long standing belief that at the battle the Serbian nation was destroyed and reborn in the kingdom of heaven. Many will have to die on both sides before the province is given up.
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a larger issue here.
You people call this a war?
Jubilee is right. About the month anyway - July (I don't know the date...aw hell, let's just say July 14 anyway).. I proclaim my mom the resident Nostradamus expert; she has spent 30 years of her life researching this, and she has suceeded in deciphering how Nostradamus dated his quatrains. And now, with July approaching, she is watching with fascination as the events fall into place.....want to read more about Nostradamus? CLICK HERE. ((NO, he did NOT predict WW III for 1993...Christ...where did you hear THAT!? Some National Enquirer magazine? Heh..).

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like this thread is about to spawn a flame of a whole different nature.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does noone ever watch Orson Wells anymore? He did an excellent picture on the writings of Nostradamus. Though you cannot always believe what you see and hear.

Besides, why must you know when the end of the world is coming? It's going to be here one way or another. Packing food and getting in a bomb shelter won't stop it. Yes, you might be alive, but who would want to live in a post apocalyptic world? Filled with radiation, and nuclear winter. I wouldn't.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Simon
Ex-Member

Nostradamus made 103 predictions, 102 of them have been wrong, the other is scheduled
to occur this July. I personally doubt his flawless record will be broken. Of course some
people try to read completely unrelated events into the prophesies but there is no
evidence he intended them for this purpose.

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, whether any of his predictions have come true before or not, there's a section on that page about China....and it's D*MN freaky if you ask me...*starts looking for a bomb shelter* *L* j/k

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the Nostradamus page...

"The first dated quatrain for the 20th century concerns the beginnings of the Russian Revolution in the year 1914."

1-14
From the Slavish people, songs, chants, requests Captives by Princes and Lords in the prisons
In the future, such by headless idiots
Will be received as divine utterances.

Russia, 1914, or Serbia, 1999?
Or complete nonsense?

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon:
Where did you read that, hmm? Nostradamus didn't write the quatrains in such a manner that the average moron could read them and understand them. He would have been killed in his time, having been proclaimed a witch. So he coded them; purposefully made them hard to understand. And now, you, after reading National Enquirer or some other nonsense source, think you have good reason to say that Nostradamus made 103 predictions, 102 of which haven't come true?? HA! *LMAO* Okay, if you know it all, why don't you give us a list of the so-called false prophecies.

First of Two:
Nah-uh.......you see the 1-14? Three digits of the year "1914" are given here. Only two digits of the year "1999" are given here. If Nostradamus has used this method to date that quatrain, you can be sure that the stated event has already happened. Hehe.

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

[This message was edited by Coddman on May 13, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Coddman on May 13, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coulda been 2114.

Or, for that matter, January 14th.
Or 1:14 AM or PM
Or the IQ of the guy who started it all.

Or it could have been just an entirely irrelevant set of numbers that someone has decided "proves" their theory simply because of a slim coincidence.

Of course, this theory is only reliable if ALL other quatrains happen in the years that their numbers seem to indicate.

Oh, what the faithful will cling to...

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Here's an example of a plain factual error on the page.

"The planet Saturn moves very slowly, taking on the average 360 years to make a revolution throughout all the signs."

Er, everybody knows (or can look up in a book) that Saturn "goes through the signs" (makes a complete circuit of the sun, thus crossing the whole zodiac) Once in just under 30 years.

Yes, it's a nit. But it's a factor-10 nit. 30 vs 360.

If your premises are flawed, your conclusions will be. The only way to make any sense of of Nostradamus's "predictions" is to pick and choose with hindsight things that MIGHT have fit, loosely, sometime in the past.

The "King of Terror from the Sky" could just as easily be a UFO invader, Baron von Richtoven, an airline bomber, Quetzalcoatl, or something else.

(or to rephrase the old jab, "If you're so psychic, why aren't you rich?")

------------------

Simon
Ex-Member

Coddman and other Nostradamus believers: If this event does not come to pass will you
lose all faith in Nostradamus. I doubt it, when ever one of his prophesies are proved false
they are redefined as pertaining to an event still to come. The secret to being a psychic is
to be as vague as possible. If you say someone enjoys to travel, you will usually be right.
Or if you say some Slavs will say something that will be believed by a group of idiots you
will probably be right.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of "King of Terror from the Sky" it could've referred to the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. Definitely terror that came from the sky. It's difficult at best to prove that a man from the 15th century could, with some accuracy, predict events 500 years in the future.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or, to quote the Daily Show: "The Psychic Friends Network went bankrupt. Did your psychic friends not see that coming?"

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DO NOT assume that the Chinese are cooperating with the Serbs. Although I am against the Chinese policy on Human rights, this does not stop me from siding to them when such preposterous accusations which have no basis come up.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps