Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The War in Kosovo (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The War in Kosovo
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look, believe whatever you want.
I'll just say this............July 1999. :-)

*I've found my safe haven, have you?* *walks out, laughing maniacally*

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, I don't suppose you'd mind signing over your valuables?

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I've found my safe haven. It's called my house. And when July passes with the only major event being the 4th of July, I will be most comfortable in my air conditioned safe haven. July 1999...end of the world...

*shakes head and walks off*

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on people!
The most common mistake I've noticed among the Knowledge-Challenged when it comes to Nostradamus is, that they all believe World War III equals the end of the world. Excuse me. When did I ever say that?

$wardate = "1999";
$falsetruth = "End of the world is $wardate";

if ($personbelieves eq "$falsetruth") {
$person ne "Intelligent";
} else { $person eq "Intelligent";
&tellthem;
}

sub tellthem {
print "Content-type: text/html\nPragma: no-cache\n\n";
print "You are intelligent.\n";
}

[This message was edited by Coddman on May 14, 1999.]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me start by saying that that is the worst bit of perl I have ever seen *L*

Daryus shall also make a prediction which shall shatter nostradaums. Nostradamus never ever ate a good bowl of duck liver soup fresh from Shanghai.

Very nice stuff.

------------------
there's a bird in the chimney,and a stone in my bed
when the road's washed out,they pass the bottle around
and wait in the arms,of the cold cold ground

Simon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The nuclear war that WWIII must be, would mean the end of the world.

When I mean world I am using it to descirbe something less concrete then the actual destruction of the planet which you seem to view as its only meaning. Rather I mean the destruction of: our civilization, most of our history, our way of life, most of our technological progress, many of the plants and animals on Earth, and today's the political geography.

I have remebered what Nostradamus predicted for 1993. Sometime in August a Russian space vehicle was expected to crash somewhere in the US killing two people.

IP: Logged
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

Daryus:
Well, nyah to you. I wasn't exactly coherent when I thought up that perl - as you can plainly see by my idea to write perl in here in the first place! *LMAO*!!.

Simon:
Sorry to inform you, but Nostradamus didn't CARE about some Russian space capsule, and two US men. Jezus, why does everyone think Nostradamus cared so much about the US?? You think he was American? No. He wasn't. *L* (What? You mean some people out there aren't!? That's ABSURD! America is a country, spanning 7 continents. Everybody knows THAT. *Cracking up* HAHAHAHA)

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And of course, you know what Nostradamus cared about, because you spoke to him just last week, right?

*sigh*

Reminds me of the people who still believe "The Bible Code" has some actual merit, despite the fact that you can use the exact same method and find just as many, just as accurate "prophetic" messages in "Moby Dick."

Where's the Amazing Randi when we need him?

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no end of the world, the Earth is a sphere with no definable start point or end point.

Nostradumass also predicted the so called WWIII would last 20 something years. Nuclear wars last about 20 minutes from what I understand. One full out exchange is enough to destroy the entire biosphere, except for roaches. Nothing kills roaches--not all of them.

I remember the same kind of conversations cropping up way back in 1990 when Saddam Hussein was supposed to be that Prince that launched nukes at New York. The Gulf War didn't usher in the Third World War, I don't think this conflict will either. The quatranes are so vague that anything can be applied to them given enough imagination. They are so simple that anyone can write some. Spew out some poetic nonsense and call it a prediction. Plus knowing human behaivor it isn't hard to say that there will be a war or two 500 years from now. Slap your forehead and say Duh. It would be amazing if there wouldn't be any wars.

------------------
Sector One at last. We are home. Tuvok, arrest the Maquis. Mr. Kim, inform Starfleet Command we have completed our mission.
Capt. Janeway upon reaching Earth.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Earth isn't a sphere. It's a transharmonic four day timecube.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Simon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Coddman: As a Canadian I know quite a few people who are not from the US. As well you have misinterpreted me, I never said two US citizens would be killed in the crash. The most likely victims would be the Russians inside the capsule. Why would Nostradamus not care about the most powerful nation on Earth? He writes about China, Russia, and the Mongols. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the US was not around 500 years ago and he could not predict its existence?
IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has gotten a bit large. Please continue in the new one.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps