Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What do you think?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What do you think??
jaybee
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried B(E)? It's part beer but part a little bit extra. It's been zinged up with caffeine, guarana and ginseng. The bartender who served it poured it over ice and I thought he was nuts but actually it worked. What do you all think?
IP: Logged
Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this thread should be moved to the Officer's Lounge.

And I never tried that. Should be like mixing a Bud with Red Bull...

Welcome to Flare.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All people who drink alcohol are going to BURN IN HELL!

There, now it belongs in the flameboard.

*sips his margarita*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you appreciate the irony of the fact that, a couple years ago, you would have been the person getting things sent to the Flameboard by making similar, serious comments.
missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
All people who drink alcohol are going to BURN IN HELL!

*sips his margarita*

Blended? Jose gold?

*whimper*

[Smile]
mm

--------------------
To live is to war with trolls.~ Henrik Ibsen

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jonas:
I think this thread should be moved to the Officer's Lounge.

And I never tried that. Should be like mixing a Bud with Red Bull...

Welcome to Flare.

Can a new member be an officer?
Or a gentleman for that matter?
quote:
Originally posted by missmanners:
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
[qb] All people who drink alcohol are going to BURN IN HELL!

*sips his margarita*

Blended? Jose gold?

*whimper*

Ask your bartender to make you The Three Wise Men.

Call a cab first....and possibly update your will.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that Jack, Jim and Johnny?

*shudder*

margaritas are much more ladylike.

[Smile]
mm

--------------------
To live is to war with trolls.~ Henrik Ibsen

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of it, althought the beer + Red Bull comment seems pretty on the mark. I have no desire to waste perfectly good beer (or Red Bull, for that matter) trying it out though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer and Red Bull. Way to make something doubly unappealing to me.

Real men drink glass shards. You wimps.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim: Yes, and no, respectively.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, out of the "yes" and the "no", which one applies to my actual comment, and which applies to the imaginary one?
Omega
Member # 91

Well, supposing your comment to be a complex vector for a moment, the imaginary component would likely be the part where you said I would have said something similar a couple years ago. I don't recall ever thinking alcohol was evil, much less seriously saying so. So that would be the "no". The "yes", though, would indicate that I am indeed aware of the irony of the concept, if not of the specifics.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have pegged to this earlier, but this comment too is 100% viral advertisement.

I guess I can't link to the Google search because one of the search terms is "B(E)?" That's nutty. But run the first sentence or two through yourself and look at all the hits.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, he's already been banned for his other spam. This one hasn't got a URL in it, so I guess I'll just leave it alone.

Omega: I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the bit about people going to hell.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One upside to 21st century marketing is that it is so weird.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps