Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What do you think?? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What do you think??
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, what happened to Coke and/or Pepsi beaming their logo onto the Moon.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in a public house the other day, and they were advertising this crazy mixture of Red Bull (actually the slightly cheaper Red Square) and larger. It was called "Red Square Larger" I believe, and had the advertising line: "It shouldn't work, but it does". I admire them for their optimism.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
er.... would someone mind teling me what Red Bull is anyway? And yes I do live under a rock.

[Smile]
mm

--------------------
To live is to war with trolls.~ Henrik Ibsen

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a sort-of cranbery flavoured drink with a lot of caffeine in it. I've never actually tried it. When you suffer from insomnia so chronic that a cup of filter coffee drunk at 0830 in the morning keeps you awake at night, you tend to avoid caffeine like the plague.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried it once to see if wings would grow out of my bum... but they didn't. And it was a disgusting drink. I forced myself to finish it because they charge some ungodly amount for it and I figured if I downed the entire can, maybe I'd get those wings.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was some form of caffinated beer at the store today, and my friend bought a can to try it, and it was awful. Or, like, it was weird. I had a bit. It seemed to combine the worst of both worlds: a syrupy flavor with a beery aftertaste.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Bull is pretty much pitched as being "legal speed". At least, it is in my mind. About as much caffine as they can get away with (in some countries...it's illegal in France, for instance), along with taurine. And stuff. Quite popular as a nice (if expensive) vodka mixer.

I can't really see it working with larger though. I can drink sweet flavoured alchopops till the cows come home (stuff like Smirnoff Ice, WKDs (although I have to mix them up. And not the blue ones, they make me ill)), but beer doesn't tend to mix well with, well, anything.

I might try and use someone as a guinea pig though. And afterwards I'll get them to buy some Red Bull Beer. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAirockHAHAHAHA.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but beer doesn't tend to mix well with, well, anything
That's a rather sweeping statement. And one that's demonstrably untrue. I think Liam's hiding something. What could it be? The appalling revelation that, despite his reputation as TEH PARTAY AMINAL!!, he really would sooner have a nice glass of lager shandy, perhaps?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Actually, I forgot that I do like Snakebite & black.

I was dragged to Ireland last week with my family. I had to drink heavily on Wednesday, really heavily on Thursday (for obvious reasons), quite heavily on Friday, and on Saturday I got a plane home, arrive back in Liverpool at half 10 in the evening, and then went straight out. I am a legend. Who drinks mans drinks.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Of course, in Liam-Speak, "drinking heavily" is code for he finished the whole glass!

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

That is true. If the glass were 19. Thousand. Ireland is full of ugly people.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THEY WON'T MISS YOU THEN HAHAHA

(I only drink beer. Alcohol in any other form is just disgusting and wrong and evil.)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could argue the same for beer. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to think I used to respect you, Topher.

Adnams Broadside: God's own drink. Honestly; it's in the Bible.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a drink....badly.

My Mother and Sister just arrived for an (uninvited) stay of four days.
(I love them, but dont really like them at all, y'know?)

God help me.

Anyone else seriously pray they're adopted?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps