Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What do you think?? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What do you think??
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife claims that, every time she has any dealings with her...um... "Sperm-doner" and "Incubation chamber". Calling them her Mom and Dad would be along the same lines as calling Hitler a humanitarian.

My condolences on your four day demise. That whole Krenim timeship thing must really sound like a good idea to you right about now.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, poor old Annorax, with his doomed quest to locate a timeline in which his wife was still alive, but his mother-in-law had never existed. Doomed, I say, doomed!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the skinny:
I've been pretty remiss in visiting them and my Mom announced that "we're going down there to visit you!".

My initial response was "Uh uh...no way." but I eventually relented when they said they were staying in a hotel.

A few days went by and I kinda felt guilty (my new place has two bedrooms and all) so I called to say my sister could say here and save the dough of ahotel room.
No sooner did I say that she could stay, it became (somehow) the greatest insult to my Mother that SHE had to stay in a hotel....

So they're both here.

It's not that I dont miss them when they're gone, it's just that they bring out the very worst in me.
I have zero paitence for things that I'd let slide in anyone else.
It's really not like me and that's aggrivating!

In particular: My Mom smokes- even though she has enphishema, bronchitis and asthma (yeah, my spelling sucks but I'm rushing)....yet, she still has smoked five ciggerettes since arriving at 2PM. Then she complains about being so sick!

My sister just talks as fast as the guy from those old Micromachines comercials and is hard to understand because she sorta mumbles.

These are not traits I share in any way whatsoever.

I had to laugh at dinner though- I realised that it would be a very funny sit-com if my life were on TV.

(sigh)
Unfortunately, that "drink idea" is just a metaphor- my meds prevent me from imbibing.

...I do have some Percocets though....hmmmmm

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I'm guessing that, far from spelling it correctly, you don't even know how to say "emphysema".

And, more forgivably, it's "cigarette". As in "cigar" + "-ette".

Anyway, the lesson here is: never let yourself feel guilty.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, see, I've only ever had Canadian and US beer. I've never had anything from Europe, so there may yet be a beer I like.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not European, but Fat Tire is one of my favorites. Alaskan Amber isn't too bad either, if memory serves, but I haven't had one in awhile. Though I am interested to learn that it is partially made from hops from my own backyard, so to speak. And, OK, as for Old Man Europe, the obligatory mention of Guinness, which I sort of figured would not agree with me, but turns out to be quite good indeed. I'm rather surprised I like beer at all, since it took me awhile to get a taste for it, but I do. For cocktails I enjoy the occasional White Russian.

Now, aside from Guinness these are West Coast beers, in one case specifically a Pacific Northwest beer, but there are probably local equivalents that aren't bad.

I should note that I've never had Guinness on tap.

(Also, that I enjoy chances to show off that I am a real adult, even though I am not at all, and I never go out.)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and that, despite all this connoisseur talk, beer is basically beer, except for wheat beer. What's up with that stuff? So I'm not sure there is one you'll like, if you just don't like beer.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't drink Guinness at all. Reminds me of coffee, which I also don't like. My friends who do though say that it actually is much, much nicer in Ireland than it is over here. I presume they are more strict about the quality, since it's roughly 65% of their tourist trade.

I refuse to believe that anyone liked beer the first time they tried it. It's a taste that grows on you. If Simon, the ultimate "slightly odd one" can like it, anyone can.

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
So, I'm guessing that, far from spelling it correctly, you don't even know how to say "emphysema".

And, more forgivably, it's "cigarette". As in "cigar" + "-ette".

Your standards are quite odd if you are harsher on someone mispelling a rarely used word like "wmphysema" than getting the much more common "cigarette" wrong. Odd Tim.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheat beer is tremendous, especially Leffe Blond and Hoegaarden (both from Belgium).

The only beer I don't like is ale, most types I've tried have felt like murky dishwater, especially the ones served at room temperature.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infidel!!

Actually, I'm not so keen on Leffe and Hoegaarden. Some ales can be revolting but I find most are ok. Most of the stuff brewed by Adnams, Milton and Greene King is nice, as are many local beers. Nethergate brewery products should, however, be avoided at all costs.

I don't blame anyone who's only tasted American beer for not liking it. I can't say I found any of them especially nice when I was over there.

Greek Mythos beer is surprisingly nice: better than ouzo at any rate.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUDWEISER RULZ!!!

(kidding: it's piss)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends have introduced me to a lot of different beers this past year. Unfortunately, the only two that I have liked have been a German wheat beer (the name of which I can't remember) and Lambic (a series of fruit-flavored beers from Belgium). I have been told, though, that if I like Lambic then I would like Fat Tire. I've never tried it, though. Also, I should mention that I can stomach Bud Light, but I'm not a fan of it.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Your standards are quite odd if you are harsher on someone mispelling a rarely used word like 'wmphysema' than getting the much more common 'cigarette' wrong. Odd Tim."

Well, the point was that what he typed for "cigarette" would at least be pronounced the same. But, if he's been going around pronouncing "emphysema" like "enphishema", he's been sounding pretty silly.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or drunk.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Americans sound silly. With their "y'alls" and "aluminum".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps