Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Now YOU can have your very own Living Will!!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Now YOU can have your very own Living Will!!!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I was unaware of the "that one time Jeb Bush did something trumps all other considerations" rule.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not just a "one time" thing: merely a recent example of my elected officials doing what they (and the special intrests they're beholden to) feel is right instead of what the public has made clear they want.

I'm certain it's not a universal problem, but writing a letter to a Florida elected official just now is so much pissing into the wind.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a similar note:

Missouri legislature: "Medicaid? Pfft! Who needs that?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
While the bill does not deal with parents' eligibility, separate budget cuts that are moving through the legislative process would lop off 68,219 parents by reducing the income cutoff to about 24 percent of the federal poverty level.

That means a single mother with two children could earn no more than $308 a month to qualify.

Wow. Makes my asshole Republican reps seem like a swell guys by comparison.

FUnny how this fucks over the people more likely to vote Democrat.
Oh wait...no it isn't.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Something to the point.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As this was the only thread regarding Terri Schiavo, I thought people might find this interesting.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a nutshell: The autopsy revealed that Terry was irreversibly brain damaged and her body had only autonomic functions (breathing, heartbeat, etc.), and she was blind. And the parents don't believe the autopsy.

B.J.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's even more terrible, to know he lived for ten years with a breathing corpse.
I'm so used to seeing movies about people like this that I thought there was some small glimmer of hope.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting quote:
quote:
He [the parents' lawyer] said the parents continue to believe their daughter wasn't in a persistent vegetative state, and that they may take some unspecified legal action after discussing the autopsy with other medical experts.
Unspecified legal action once they confer with their medical experts. I've been thinking about who they could possibly take legal action against. Considering that the parents are still flogging that "he beat her" story they came up with a few years ago, I'm willing to bet that he's firmly in their crosshairs. The autopsy report clearly favors Michael Schiavo in this case, but the parents have always managed to find a medical professional to look at things and give a completely opposite opinion.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A paid medical "professional" of course.
The autopsy said the Shiavo would never even have been able to swallow food it was so fucked.

What bugs me is the numb cunt that came forward to try to have the feeding tube re-inserted by saying that Shiavo told her "I want to live" while she was watching her.

That bitch should be brought up on charges- giving a false statement to police if nothing else.

It's terrible that Shiavo's parents still cant let things rest (her daughterin particular) now that the autopsy's concluded.
I guess it's easier to find someone to blame than to accept that bad things happen to good people all the time and that death is often senseless.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps