Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Future of New Orleans (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Future of New Orleans
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No- it seems to be part of the government money each state gets (equally, I think) to spend on roads and services.

As long as we're talking about money going to waste- Wyoming has 180 million in Homeland Security money stshed away- mabye that could go to help people in New Orleans.
To protect all those terror targets there (I mentioned this afew weeks back in another post).

The real issue is, of course, who should point a finger and tell another state how to spend it's budgeted money?
Every state could point to it's neighbors in any crisis and show how wasteful they are in this or that.

Though that bridge thing is pretty strange.

Mabye it's one of those "use it or lose it" things where any unused government aid is not offered in the following fiscal year.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
not like the government was going to give Alaska half-a-billion dollars no matter what, just to spend on whatever they like.

*Stewie Griffin* "Sexy parties"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not whether anyone can make a decision whether to abandon New Orleans or not. It's up to the individual residents to decide whether or not to return to thier homes. All over the world people live near dangerous areas. But they don't leave because it's thier home. they grew up there and they love it no matter what the danger. People have always lived at the foot of mount vesuvius for example, and do they leave just because there will be another inevitable eruption in the future? They understand the risks involved with living where they do and they're obviously comfortable with those risks. I guess I'm lucky enough to live in a region where the worst mother nature can throw at us is about 9 meters of snow and 40 below weather. although we havn't had 9 meters of snow in nearly 15 years... Global warming ain't all bad!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing happens in Saskatchewan. NOTHING.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U got that right. it's so borring here. no tornadoes, no earthquakes, tsunami's, volcanoes... dammit!

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't it just get fucking cold - like... blizzard/cold snap/people freezing in houses cold?

I've always loved the name: Saskatoon! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOOSE JAW
Da_bang80
Member # 528

Moose Jaw Rulez! I havn't heard of people freezing to deathin thier homes, us saskies are a hardy folk. I laugh when I hear people from Florida complain that is's freezing when it's only -20 celcius. HAHAHA!! You want freezing? try -45 celcius without the windchill. I hate the cold. I'd rather be in callifornia, mmmm Death Valley....

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 below in Florida, huh?
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE NEW TIM HORTON'S ON THATCHER!
Da_bang80
Member # 528

I meant, when Floridans come to saskatchewan, Had couple from Miami come to the 7-11 where i used to work back in march.

--------------------

Member # 239

ON MAIN?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been happily enjoying the 70 degree weather this week....as I had no water, no job, no power, barely any gas for my car and untill yeasterday, no fresh foods..

Gotta love me a hurricaine.

Today I got it all back though- civilization restored in a ten hour period.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

no, i used to live in P.A. thats where I worked. I'm in Moose Jaw for school now. Do you like in Moose jaw? if so, do y'know where i can get sum grass? [Smile]

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Home Decor and Gardening:
ON MAIN?

Street per chance?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps