Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "Halloween is evil!" (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: "Halloween is evil!"
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it isn't.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! The William Faulkner Society says otherwise.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
Noah Adams: "Well, some of them are really quite understandable. 'Montana is a leg.' is..."
John Linnell: "...it's grammatical. It's not true, and it doesn't strictly make sense, and..."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But other societies say otherwise...otherwise.

Though I came here to admit that I couldn't find any of them. I do know that depression peaks on the holidays, but depression and suicide are two different things.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get more depressed as the days grow shorter, which bottoms out in December. Which is why I love Spring.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I love autumn* and winter, make me feel so.. well not exactly depressed. More like..melancholic.

-Brits rule! :]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is, however, true that people who are depressed are more likely to attempt suicide than those who are not. It therefore follows, if more people are depressed during the holiday season the number of suicide attempts (and "successful" suicides, if you can call it that) will rise as well.

I imagine that there are some suicides connected with almost any holiday you could name, but Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are fraught with a great deal of universally recognized emotional baggage. The number of suicides prompted by Groundhog day angst, on the other hand, is probably not even measurable by ordinary statistical methods.

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited October 25, 1999).]

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suicide is also an excellent way of avoiding your awful, tedious relatives.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps