Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Star Trek=Satan (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Star Trek=Satan
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you want far reaching logic? Try this: (this is about Picard's actions in First Contact)

Picard did mention that man had evolved to the point where revenge wasn't necessary. If so, then why did the lady (who's name escapes me at the second) end up showing him he wasn't right? Picard did end up admitting that he did want revenge. So, in a way, he said that evolution is a farce.

Now, does that make PERFECT sense or what?

And this, also about First Contact:

The bible says to avoid even the appearence of evil. Certainly paying to listen to profanity and see "mild" adult material has the appearence of evil. As Christians, we shouldn't need this kind of entertainment. I didn't see the movie and wouldn't.

Ooh, and more stunning logic:

The repeated time travel throughout Star Trek shows is extremely unChristian, not to mention the evolutionary themes.

You see? Doctor Who is Satan's work! Lord knows what Sliders is then...

And finally, someone who's lost the plot completely:

I was a Star Trek fan from the original series, and beyond. "First Contact" was exciting entertainment, and even good Star Trek, but since I've been saved, "behold, all things are become new", and I now see God's perspective, and man's sin-nature. Jesus was my "first contact" with His ways and His grace. Now we are on a trek for God, preserving His word and spreading it for others to hear!

And if you want to piss your pants some more:

A Christian view on First Contact

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, isn't that nice now...

I'm sure that Christians and Catholics have views on everything from Star Trek to homosexuality. Don't they always? I'm basically used to their views on being gay, even though I don't agree with them and I still go to church on Sundays. I would think that they would have other things to do than to start listing things that should be banned in the world. Where's a prayer meeting when you need one?

As Michael_T would say: "They need more c**k in their lives"

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, we've got Buffy here too:

Sorry to every pre-teen, teenager and even adult out there, this show is a major distraction to your relationship with Jesus

Yup. Bad Christian boy.

So Buffy and her chest -- oh sorry -- didn't anyone notice her breasts? They're only in every shot.

Well, except the ones from here back. And the ones she's not in. And the ones where she's removed her breasts and left them in the dressing room.

Buffy's friend is a practising witch. Hello? Wake up. There is no such thing as white magic. Any supernatural power outside of God is demonic and has roots to Satan.

Of course, the best thing is the openmindedness.

to be fair, the other review was spot on, saying it a well written TV series comparting the battle of good and evil to the battle of youth vs the adult world that isn't always Christian. Which is more sensible that Mr fruit cake up there.

BTW, we're not talking about all Christians here. Just these ones.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I jsu can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Oooh, even Friends gets it. (I love this site)

They promote homosexuality as "ok" and one episode had a lesbian wedding.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The character Pheobe dabbles in witchcraft and is involved in new age ideas, and Ross promotes Evolution and in one episode makes Phoebe feel stupid for believing in Creation.

Now, I watched that ep. Can someone point out to me the moment when Pheobe says that she believes in Creation?

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I jsu can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so incredibly stupid, it's almost funny. In fact, if I didn't know that SOME christians are fanatics I'd have though it was.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stronger someone believes in something, the more they want to tell the world about it. So what's new about people putting up sites about things they think is wrong? And what's new about someone putting up a site that equates everything they dislike with Satanism or some other reprehensible group (like fundamentalists)?

Does this person represent a large group of influential people who will take over the govenrnment and decide the only things safe for viewing is Bible stories and Veggie tales? I don't think so, and if you do, I'm concerned you don't get out enough.

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)[B]
Come Hither and Yawn...

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited January 10, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. I have to admit. They're right about Buffy TVS. The road to hell is paved with boobs.

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)[B]
Come Hither and Yawn...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Actually, it's partly because the group of people that this site represents doesn't have nearly as much membership over here as it seems to in the US. Here, the chances of anyone bocotting Buffy is tiny. Hell, eastenders, ou most watched soap, contains more violence and anti-christian behaviour than any ep of Friends or whatever.

It's the culture too. I heard that when they made a US Men Behaving Badly, the characters stopped smoking, and really cut down on drinking too. Red Dwarf; Lister largely stopped smoking in later seasons to help sell the show to the US. The Royale Family is being made in the US, and no-one will smoke in it. And probably not say "Religion, my arse!" either.

It does seem to be a very large and well organised site. And you do hear horror stories in teh UK of the dreaded American religious fundamentalist. We use it to keep childen awake at night.

------------------

Mr Garrison

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Did you guys check out the "intelligent life on other planets" article? There are some real winners in that one.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Dane reads the above posts, gasps, and checks out the web site for himself...

"OH NO! I've been deceived by Gene Roddenbery into becoming a SATANIST!!!"

Dane immediately burns his Star Trek video collection, his tech manual library, and his USS Enterprise-E commemorative space-sickness bag. He then becomes a monk and spends the rest of his life staring into his navel and contemplating his own holiness.)

Yeah, right...

------------------
Dane

"...and there was war in heaven..." The Bible, Revelation 12:7

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess we're all devil-woshippers then...

When faced with those who turn out such arguments as that website does there is only one sane response, and it involves rubbing your pursed lips with a finger whilst going wibblely-bibble-bibbbble at high volume.

Actually, I do have a problem with Buffy the Non-human lifeform skewerer. What kind of a moral message is it to have a heroine who chases down beings hunting for their only food supply, whips out a wooden spike and murders them thusly. Yeah, they're vampires, but so bloody what? She found one she liked enough to shag, so what does that say to the morality of all her other slayings? And don't give me this "soul" crap.

Ach, it's a dumb TV show anyway. Ultraviolet is a thousand times better, and that's because it made you think which side was truly "evil".

Now then, if we are to continue our descent into the clutches of the dark prince I demand I get to do some truly shocking raping and pillaging before teatime.

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The woman in "First Contact" was Lily.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, this "group" reminds me a great deal of Tipper Gore and the PMRC. Remember them?

Anyway, these people will all be deported to Iran when I'm finally entrenched as Dictator.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is exactly the kind of crap that my mother has been trying to prove for the last 8 plus years. Boy is she in for a treat.

Well, she hasn't been trying to prove that Star Trek is Satan, but has been trying to say that Star Trek is a horrible influence and it is ruining my life and prospects as a CEO-in-training of a big corporation.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*groans loudly in protest* Oh, the world is so screwed up. *ROTFLMAO* I'm not sure if I should look at that page.....I found the excerpts funny enough! *L*

------------------
I just turned 17! Well, it beats my other sig.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps