Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Star Trek=Satan (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Star Trek=Satan
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article only substantiates my believe that the driving force for most people is stupidity.

And people wonder why i dont associate with many people.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I found some who are forward thinking. Notably in the Bulworth thread. Just goes to show that even in the biggest crowd of morons, there are those who can think freely.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If these people can't handle a little profanity violence sex and whatever life thows into the mix. Wait untill they get a load of Me.

------------------

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Necromancer, didn't you introduce yourself as Catholic in some other thread? This does not compute, methinks.

------------------
Dane

"...and there was war in heaven..." The Bible, Revelation 12:7

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet surprisingly, Catholics can at times be very progressive.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, I'm catholic. So are most of my friends. And our life is remarkably similar to "Clockwork Orange".

Well, not exactly. But full of bad language. Vioence we do try to avoid. And sex? It's neveer a bad thing is it?

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This probably belongs in another thread, but doesn't Catholicism share most of it's basic premises with most Christian religions? If so, how do "a little profanity violence sex and whatever life throws into the mix" fit into the picture? Is saying "I'm a Catholic" like saying "I'm an American" (in other words, is it just something you are based on where or to whom you were born, or is it something you believe in based on faith)? (It's probably different for every Catholic.)

------------------
Dane

Mythril
Member # 286

Most catholics are more liberal in thier thinking, at least the ones i know. My self included, most other "Christians" would most likely have tried to burn me at the stake by now.

------------------

Dane Simri
Member # 272

Care to define "liberal," Necromancer? Better yet, care to answer my question?

------------------
Dane

Mythril
Member # 286

The Catholics i know are more open minded and do not readily condemn others as most other christians do.

I do not follow as blindly as others, sure i believe in god, but i Am a firm beleiver in Evolution and student of numerous sciences such as genetics and several other contraversial sciences.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Necromancer (edited January 18, 2000).]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... that must be a geographical thing though, because where I live, Catholics are WAY less open minded than that christians.... sorry to generalize, but it really seems that way.... however, some of the denominations here ARE rather closed minded... Lutheran, Episcopal... Wait a sec.... Hmmm... lutheran, Episcopal, and Catholic... the three churches joined in the "Tri-Parish Ministry"... Coincidence? I think not!

*smile*

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does that sound like a very scary thing?

All the Catholics I know are very open minded. And interestingly, the only ones who don't believe in sex out of marrage are the ones who've never had a girlfriend.

Actually, we're mainly Catholic by upbringong, but most of my mates prefer the term "Christian". Or don't say that they follow any one religion in particular, but that they believe in God. Or something. Or that they can't make up their minds at the moment. They'll deceide when it's time.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Giant Cathedral-shaped vessel approaches*

We are the Religious. You will lower your hemlines and surrender your devil music. Resistance is futile. If you attempt to resist us, God will get you. And if He doesn't, we're sure we can find someone among us who will be happy to do it for Him. From this moment on, you will adapt to service God (and His duly self-appointed representatives.)

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(not that I do but) most protestants believe some Catholics are completely lost. To some the Catholic faith seems to have been totally secularized for the modern world. Something most good protestants do not believe in doing.

------------------
Peace on Earth
-
If anyone here feels so attached to me that they would like to name something in my honor please contact Asbury College and donate money for furniture in the new Kinlaw Library. :)

DT
Member # 80

Protestants are Catholics who dislike fun.

------------------
"I'd rather be dead than cool" - Kurt Cobain
Stay Away, Nirvana

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps