Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fundies? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fundies?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone tell me what it is that everyone has against the Christian Coalition? I don't know anything about them, except what 1/2 says, and he doesn't exactly seem to be an unbiased source. What laws have they attempted to pass?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to know about the Christian Coalition, their methods and ideals, watch the 700 Club and check out stuff by (and about) Pat Robertson. Although he claims not to be affiliated with them directly, he is essentially their spokesman.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah! Here you go, Omega. On these pages you can find all you really need to know. Check out the quotes, they can be doozies.
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7027/quotes.html

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, it occurs to me that myself and First are here at, essentially, the same time. As such, we should hurry and gangbang the Christian Coalition. I'll go over to my sources and get the facts, he can spew hate. That's how I like doing things, although I prefer the spewing part personally.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, First, Patsy Bobby _IS_ their President. Or at least so says their website, so, umm... I think you're wrong.

------------------
Polly, Nirvana

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry i meant to write that Pat Robertson is an idiot its as simple as that.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

[This message has been edited by Necromancer (edited January 15, 2000).]

DT
Member # 80

Pat Buchanan is not the man at discussion here. Pat Robertson is. I'm no Buchanan fan, but he's not as bad as this nutcase Robertson. Who is?

------------------
Polly, Nirvana

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Spew hate? I don't have to spew hate. The facts speak for themselves.

We've discussed this before. My venom is not for Christians, but for hypocritical, frightening would-be Christianity Legislators, such as Mr. Robertson.

And for God-As-Advertised, my attacks against the concept of which are not truly vituperative, but rather heatedly argumentative, as you will see if you really bother to look at them.

"The Bible is shite, and so are Christians" would be hate. I do not say this.

"The Bible is solely man-made, fallible, contradictory, and unreliable, and Christians have been guilty of atrocities, and those who did not participate this are still guilty for not repudiating those who did, despite their claims to the moral high ground" is highly argumentative, but it isn't hate.

"Pat Robertson is a bad man" may be either. Study the page I posted above, paying careful attention to his business dealings, quotes, agenda, and ties to dictators, and get back to me.

------------------

DT
Member # 80

Hey First, don't get on me, I'm on your side!

------------------
Polly, Nirvana

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

WHO IS THE BIASED SOURCE HERE OMEGA?

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, look who's back! Nice to see ya, RW.

But how can he be biased if he is asking a question?

------------------
Peace on Earth
-
If anyone here feels so attached to me that they would like to name something in my honor please contact Asbury College and donate money for furniture in the new Kinlaw Library. :)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW:

Whoa, were you unaware that you had your caps lock on, or did you intend to yell at me? I'm not trying to accuse or defend anyone of anything. I simply seek information, and I thought that the subject seemed to have the potential to involve insulting a group of people, so I put it in the flameboard.

As for Robertson, never have I seen someone so scary. It's people like this that give us Christians a bad name. 'Bout the only thing in that list that he was right about was the part about wives being subserviant. That he did have biblically correct. The reviewer overreacted to it, though. The rest was complete garbage. Maybe someone should give this guy a good lesson in both constitutional law AND in the teachings of Christ. He doesn't seem to know much about either.

If he's representative of the rest of his group, I guess my question has been answered. Thanks, First.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, so if, arguably, the most Christian of Christian people here: Omega, thinks that Patty-boy is a gobshite, then I think we can safetly say, with no worry about being corrected, that he's a manipulative, arrogant, self-rightious, arse-faced tosser of the highest order.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bout the only thing in that list that he was right about was the part about wives being subserviant. That he did have biblically correct. The reviewer overreacted to it, though."

How did the reviewer overreact to it? I didn't think he was harsh enough.

Y'know, I'm so upset that I'm not a member of your great, and enlightened religion.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, since when is Omega more Christian than me? (just kidding)

------------------
Peace on Earth
-
If anyone here feels so attached to me that they would like to name something in my honor please contact Asbury College and donate money for furniture in the new Kinlaw Library. :)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps