Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fundies? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fundies?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM: Bit harsh, eh? Calm down

Still, I think we should have a Christian deathmatch! Bryce versus Omega! Tcikets at �10, or $50 if you can't point out Manchester on a map.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Huh?

And, uh, what country is Manchester in?

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, Liam, you were drunk when you posted, yes?

Anyway, is Manchester anywhere near Madchester? Sorry, I'm E'd off right now.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, it just occured to me, that if Pat Robertson did a little pot, he'd be a lot better off. Maybe all these right-wing "Christ"ian nutcases should do a little E and they'd be better.

------------------
Polly, Nirvana

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points to Manchester*

*notices his finger is also resting on Wales*

*thinks someone will take offence*

*decides he needs a bigger globe*

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, don't worry about squashing Wales. It's not like anyone would miss it.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

DT
Member # 80

Dude, Travis is from Wales, ain't it?

------------------
Polly, Nirvana

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Religion is the opium of the masses.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saith Karl Marx.

Therefore this shall now turn into a thread about communism.

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited January 16, 2000).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra:

"How did the reviewer overreact to it? I didn't think he was harsh enough."

Well, considering that no one ever said anything about "barefoot in the kitchen and pregnant", yes, he did overreact. All the Bible effectively says on the subject (NT, anyway) is that the husband has the final say. Nothing more, nothing less.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and I don't necessarily share that opinion. In fact, I think it's shit. And shit like that, my friend, is what keeps me away from religion.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited January 16, 2000).]

Member # 239

I apologize for not being eloquent or informative, but this is just one of the things that really irks me.
DT
Member # 80

And it is. It's also a misapplication of the bible, that those Christian bastards like to do. They too a perfectly good piece of work, mangled it, and now it's thought of as shit. But I don't care anymore (see the "I'm not an athiest" posts a while back) so I won't get involved.

Yeah! Beat that woman!

------------------
Polly, Nirvana

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: But what if the husband turns out to be a complete ass?

Have you, by any chance, read "Angela's Ashes?" the husband in that was a drunk, and spend his family's money on drink, thereby contributing to the deaths of several of his children.

Should a wife follow the decisions of a man like that?

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's where "husbands, love your wives" comes into play.

I'd say leave him. Christ said that the only grounds for divorce were marital unfaithfulness. Assuming that that's an accurate translation from the Greek, I would interpret that to mean breaking ANY of the vows made, and a man acting like that would probably break at least ONE vow, no matter what they may be. 'Course, that's all based on one possible meaning of an unknown Greek word.

Under any circumstances, a woman shouldn't marry a man like that in the first place.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps