Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Of all the stupidity... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Of all the stupidity...
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you majorly tested your credibilty for a sec there. *L* I thought to myself, 'Hmm 50 miles, so he's a horse then? Or maybe a jeep?'

Just wondering Omega, are you a part of any local militias or similar organisations?

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fifteen. What do you think?

I'd like a lifetime membership with the NRA, though. Anyone want to lend me $550?

------------------
"To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, American Statesman and Author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, just curious...do you have ultra-liberal parents & this is your way of rebelling against them?

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, hardly. My grandfather would vote for Hitler if he said he was a democrat (considering the lack of thought on the part of many liberals (unlike most of you guys), that's not surprising), but my parents are pretty conservative. My dad tends to be a little more cynical about it, but that's how he votes. My mom's pretty conservative, too, but I'm more conservative than either of them.

I'm not this way because of any people or any things. I believe what I believe because that is what comes naturally with rational thought. I follow in no one's footsteps, nor do I rebel. I let no one else define me. If you happen to agree with me, well, good for you. If not, I'll try and change your mind.

That's why I get into these arguments. I try to convince you guys that I'm right. Failing that, I try to convince anyone that's undecided who reads them that I'm right. Failing that, I prop up my own ego.

------------------
- George Mason, American Statesman and Author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh...see, I like a man who admits that he's ego-stroking.

Regarding Hitler: in HS, I took a course called Mass Communications. Basically, it was an intro to advertising. Very cool. One day, I pissed off the teacher (again) & he assigned me a specialty assignment: I was to write up a political campaign for someone in history; political ads are the hardest kind to do. I had a week t'do it. So..a week later, I walk in....he has me stand in front of the class. I leaned against the desk & said the following:

"There's a man. He's a war veteran. He's a patriot & loves his country. He loves little dogs, he loves small children. He sees that his nation is going through some very trying times, that his people are being torn apart at the seams. He's realized that there are some very dangerous forces at work here contributing to the problems at hand & his greatest wish is to alert his countrymen to these problems & forces, to unite them against the cause of their misery, & to create a new joyous age for them."

The teacher then asked for a raise of hands on whether or not they would vote for the person; they all raised their hands. I smiled & said, "CONGRATULATIONS!! You've just elected Adolf Hitler!!"

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like that book, "The Wave".

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since nobody asked me...

My mother is a Sunday Methodist, registered Republican retired kindergarten teacher who voted for Perot last time, rather crabby outside of class, demanding, grouchy, and hard to get along with. She tends to have rather Victorian ideas on morality and propriety. OR, outgoing, personable, and fun, if you're on her good side. She's the family "Klingon."

My father is a registered Democrat, but he thinks, so he hardly ever votes that way. He's a lifetime NRA member, and was once on the fast track to becoming a Baptist minister, before he saw how his church really worked, and got disillusioned. He taught chemistry and human behaviour for 35 years, and just retired. Fairly calm and placid, he's the family "Vulcan." (Plus, back when he had his old goatee and a full head of hair, he looked very much like Mirror Spock)

_I_ am what you get when these two opposing forces collide, and create offspring. Scary, huh? If you ask them, they will tell you that I resemble each of them, but am smarter, strong-willed and harder to control, even harder to convince, and considerably more well-read than most humans. I, too, came to my thoughts and ideas after long and careful study, because they are the only ones that work.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Omega
Member # 91

In order to get this back on track...
http://www.warroom.com/sencraig.htm

------------------

Shik
Member # 343

I only have one question....

Who's the cutie on the righthand side of the banner on the top of that site, eh?

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be Rose. Radio producer, mom, wife. So forget it.

I live near Quinn, and generally agree with him, except for the whole church and state thing, and the gay thing.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps