Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Why is Bush's "Intellectuality" an issue, and Gore's constant lying is not? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Why is Bush's "Intellectuality" an issue, and Gore's constant lying is not?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But did the soldiers who lost their lives believe in what they were doing?

And what about Kosovo?

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I checked, most military command decisions are made by the 'stars', and have little or nothing to do with the soldier's 'fighting for what they believe in'.

Oh how very G.I. Joe.

Kosovo was a Vietnam Jr. Except you guys didn't end up it Prison camps.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a 75/25 thing really, 75% of the time your pissed at the things you have got to do, regardless of what you signed up for, and 25% of the time things seem to be working out alright your happy. The availability of smokes and booze is a big qualifier for a grunts happiness. Being in a country where we aren't wanted always sucked, which make the percentages vary. Usually, dealing with the kids of anywhere, before they are taught to hate, is great

On the subject of world policing.....

When I was in I had signed up to do what the polis and stars decided needed to be done. Whether is was to invade a nation or help with giving food and shelter to those in trouble. So don't do to much defensive posturing for the troops involoved, it is a given that you are at the mercy of those that are elected and promoted in to positions of power. You do pray/hope that they will not do anything stupid, but you know it happens. Each one knows that they sign up for things that are NOT going to as pleasant as getting shot and killed out right.

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, Bush II was firmly in favor of the Somalian intervention.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As am I. Some Aliens have no business with us. We MUST intervene.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps