Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » This is just sick (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: This is just sick
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what would that be? Basically just a log of most of the male population's thoughts all day? *L*

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not mine. My thoughts only give cursory notice to the breasts. There's other bits that are FAR more important. ASK them.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go BASS ALE!

Go BASS ALE!

Go CiderJack!

Go CiderJack!

Go Milwaukee's Best! Er, wait, EWWWWW!!!!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I know about population stuff, too! Environmental Studies comes in handy sometimes! (Not to mention I came across this article while researching for a paper in that class)

Population growth is not that important, believe it or not. It's total fertility rate (how many children a woman has in her reproductive lifetime) that counts. And that number is on the decline worldwide--people around the world are having fewer kids regardless of economic situation. What's causing the population "explosion" is the low death rate resulting from advanced medical technology, but in fact, most developed countries have birth rates at below replacement. The population trend goes like this: high birth/high death-->high birth/low death (which we're going through)-->low birth/low death. It is projected that we may reach the low birth/low death equilibrium in about 50 years. I'll post some fertility rate figures when I get home.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2000 population statistics brought to you by the Population Reference Bureau:

I've got stuff like total population, births per 1000, deaths per 1000, natural increase, doubling time, projected population, infant mortality rate, total fertility rate, life expectancy, percent in urban area, percent with aids, percent of married women using contraception, GNP per capita, and other good stuff. I'll just post a couple here.

The first number is natural increase (annual, %) and the second number is total fertility rate (2.1 is zero growth).

World: 1.4%, 2.9
More developed: 0.1%, 1.5
Less developed: 1.7%, 3.2
Less dev.(excl. China): 1.9%, 3.7
Africa: 2.4%, 5.3
North America: 0.6%, 2.0
Canada: 0.4%, 1.5
United States: 0.6%, 2.1
Latin America: 2.1%, 3.1
Oceania: 1.1%, 2.4
Australia: 0.6%, 1.7
Asia: 1.4%, 2.8
Asia(excl. China): 1.7%, 3.3
China: 0.9%, 1.8
Europe: -0.1%, 1.4
United Kingdom: 0.1%, 1.7
France: 0.3%, 1.8
Italy: -0.1%, 1.2

One interesting note, the percentage of women using contraception in Italy is 91% for all methods and 56% for modern methods.

I can post more countries if anyone wants to see.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait ... hold on ...

Since when is North America a country?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My thoughts only give cursory notice to the breasts. There's other bits that are FAR more important. ASK them."

We're suppossed to talk to the bottom? I can't imagine that'll get much of a response.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smacks Liam* Ask the WOMEN.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

JK: Nobody said it was. Notice I posted figures for all the continents and the world.

------------------
--Albert Eistein

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would I talk to the woman? She'd only talk back.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

What? Asia's not a country? Since when? Argh, neither is Africa? Oh - my - god!

LOL. You're right, Ziyal, my bad =(

------------------
The Dominion has been defeated, but the hardest job will be building the peace ...

Join Cpt. Connor H. Macy and the crew of the USS Tokyo as they attempt to forge the bonds of trust ...

Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps