Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What Should Happen ... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What Should Happen ...
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She should also be a lesbian. That'll show them hicks.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh ... did I miss something? I thought New York City was *part* of New York State ...

Same with the Republican party. Like John McCain ...

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 11, 2000).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A timeline of possible events from AP

What�s Ahead
Dates and deadlines facing Republican George W. Bush and Democrat Al Gore in their ongoing race for the White House:
SATURDAY
Volusia County, Fla., began a hand count of 184,018 ballots. Palm Beach County, Fla., election officials begin to recount ballots in four precincts. If there is a change in the count, they will then decide whether to do a recount by hand of the entire county.

MONDAY
Broward County, Fla., uses a hand count to re-tally votes in three precincts. If there is a change, it also will consider a full hand recount.

TUESDAY
Deadline for Florida's 67 counties to certify their results to the Division of Elections. Miami-Dade County election officials in Florida meet to discuss a hand recount.

THURSDAY OR FRIDAY,
depending on the county
In Iowa, the deadline for Texas Gov. Bush to request a recount by personally writing to each of Iowa�s 99 county auditors is 5 p.m. Bush lost by about 5,000 votes.

FRIDAY
All overseas Florida ballots must be received by the Florida secretary of state.

MID- TO LATE NOVEMBER
Bush can request a recount in Wisconsin, where he lost by about 6,000 votes. The state is still waiting for its 72 counties to send in their final vote tallies. Bush would have until 5 p.m. on the third business day after the last ballot is turned in to request a challenge.

NOV. 27
Official results from Oregon�s 36 counties must be delivered to the state election office. A recount may be required by a state law if the margin between Bush and Vice President Gore is less than 0.2%, or about 2,800 votes.

NOV. 28
In New Mexico, the state canvassing board, including the governor, secretary of state and chief justice of the state Supreme Court, meets to certify the election returns.

FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER
Possible start of an Oregon recount, which must be done by hand and could take at least three days.

DEC. 18
Electoral college representatives meet, usually in the 50 state capitals and the District of Columbia, to vote for president.

JAN. 6
Tentative date for a joint session of Congress to meet and count the electoral college votes. The Senate has passed a resolution to change the date from Jan. 6, a Saturday, to Jan. 5, a Friday. House members are considering a measure to do the same.

JAN. 8
In New Mexico, the deadline for the losing candidate to contest an election by filing a lawsuit in state district court, assuming the state is able to issue the certificate of election to the successful candidate on time.

JAN. 20
Inauguration Day.
Source: Associated Press

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in favor of recounts in any contested state, whether requested by George Bush or Al Gore.

Frankly, I don't think GWB will be a very good president. I'm confident if he's elected, I'll be proven right. I *hope* I'm wrong, I *hope* he'll do a good job, but I don't think he will.

But this is one of the tightest elections in the history of our nation, and we've got to make sure we've got it right. Recount Iowa, recount Wisconsin. Take as *much* time as needed.

Why block manual recounts, George? Afraid of losing? Well, you haven't won yet, remember that.

Al, please tell me its Dailey threatening lawsuits and not you. When the recounts are over, if you haven't won, drop the matter.

But leave it at the recounts. And *only* the recounts.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You still don't understand, do you MacLeod? I am the End of Time!" - Kronos

"You're history!" - MacLeod
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is that they keep wanting recounts and more recounts and more recounts. It should be over by now :P

NYC is only a part of NYS in the way that a tick is a part of its host organism. NYC is a parasite on the rest of NYS.

------------------
"Al Gore cost me the election." - Ralph Nader

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that Bugs Bunny has sawed off Florida, let's ask him to send NYC to Europe.......

------------------
I am going to Japanese cars from now on, because the auto workers got the day off to vote and the state went to Gore.
From The Port Huron Times-Herald talk back section.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Maybe more NYS people should get out and vote then, yes?

------------------
Can anyone say premature ejac ... er, election?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Now that Bugs Bunny has sawed off Florida..."

That was always one of my favorite cartoon scenes... :-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shakes her head at a few people she considered friends* Just when you think you know some people. *sigh*

Well anyway I agree with Karde. And I'm not going to pay attention to who's announced as the next president until AFTER the electoral college votes and is verified.

------------------
The wheel, it turneth. But the hamster, it hath demised.
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Thanks, Jube ... but call me Jeff

Now, here's a question: if Bush *loses* Florida when all the absentee ballots are in ... what will he do?

His campaign has criticized Gore's for threatening to take legal action, and requesting manual recounts ... will he do the same?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short of ballot-stuffing investigations? He'll conceed, of course. Bush, unlike Gore, is a man of honor.

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Omega,

You have no right to accuse Gore of that. If the election isn't over until this FRIDAY, how can you speak? Hmmm?

And I don't define "honor" as being a rich preppy Daddy's boy, or joining the reserves to get out of service in Vietnam.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are aware that, with the modification of running to Canada in place of joining the reserves, that appplies to Gore perfectly?

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say honor is not hiding the fact that you are not qualified to sit on a jury for a DUI trial, for obvious reasons.

------------------
***...***...***

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You're not aware Gore was in the armed services and was in Vietnam?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps