Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What Should Happen ... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What Should Happen ...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFTER he ran to Canada. His daddy sent a guy up there to bring him back, so Jr.'s dodging wouldn't ruin his political career. They found him stoned.

So you have one who was a reporter for five months, taking no risks. You have another who flew a fighter jet, taking the risk of an accident, at the least. Who did the greater service for his country?

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, a reporter in Vietnam, where (maybe you weren't aware of this) there was a war going on.

That means bullets, etcetra.

Even the back area wasn't all that safe.

So all Bush Jr. did was risk an accident? Oooooooh. Hell, I risk an accident every day driving. Gore went to Vietnam. Bush didn't. Gore had a choice in going to Vietnam -- despite how much his Dad might have proded him, it was still up to Al. All Bush did was check the "No, I don't want to serve overseas" box on the form.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush did crack, Gore smoked some weed ...

I'm thinking Crack is the more serious of the two.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I'm sorry...but none of y'all were THERE. If I was given the chance of heading to Canada or to Vietnam, you can bet your sweet ASS I'd be kissin' that maple leaf "toot sweet."

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see how anyone can condemn a man who came here. You should have voted him in, because quite obviously, the man has good taste.

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And your evidence for the Bush allegations is... what, exactly? The statements of a convicted felon? And you TRUST that? Aren't you supporting the same people who tried to make a nonissue of the similar (but much more substantiated, by police evidence) accusation of Clinton's cocaine use?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if I'd had any respect left for Omega's ideas, it would all be gone after now finding out that he thinks fighting in Vietnam somehow helped the US.

He probably thinks Cuba will soon bring down the entire Caribbean via the Domino Effect... *LOL*

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Points TSN towards Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, and other places where Communism took a foothold in the Carribean/Central America*

You think they didn't have Cuban help?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Gueverra died doing what, again?

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no no NO! Not the Domino theory. Or, as it's referred to by teachers here and in other countries, the "paranoid yanks spout bollocks" theory. Which actually applies to a lot of American politics, actually...

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Speaking from a country that was ALMOST a German domino, of course...

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, the "we saved your asses in World War II" arguement. THAT's original.

Okay, I am grateful to the US of 1942 for finally waking up and realising that there was a war going on. I am grateful to the US of the modern era for Matt Groening. Happy?

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

No, just pointing out the irony of disagreeing with a theory which you happen to be an example of.

WW II is over and done with. Operation Sea Lion never happened, so the question is moot.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are more than a few differences between Cuba and Nazi Germany.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Gonna donate half my money to the city.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks over at Cuba* I don't see the ovens on.

------------------
**...****...**

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps