Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Wow (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Wow
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the center people, true independent people, say, like me, tht voted for Gore, then voted for a Rep. Senator, a Dem. Rep., a Rep. City Council member... I am either wishy washy, or I vote for the better person for the job.

------------------
**...****...**

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, there is the third posibility that you don't know anything about the people you're voting for. Not that I'm accusing you of that, just that it would also fit the description.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten,

You break the trend.

You do not fit in.

Therefore, you do not conform.

The U.S. is all about conformity.

::Bludgeons Ritten to death with Constitution::

=) Just kidding.

Go for it, vote by your conscience and not party allegiance. It's too bad the rest of us get so caught up in what side we're on we almost always refuse to change sides.

Wait a second ... I voted for Erlich for Councilman ... he's a Republican ... the fuck?!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demand a revote!!!!!

------------------
**...****...**

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, Ehrlich's okay.

But if he runs for Governor like he wants, he ain't getting my vote. Sorry Rob!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Omega, what really is the case is that anyone who votes differently than you or has a different view on life and the priorities thereof is just big, hairy, stupid and dull-witted.

So much for the diversity of life. Pardon me whilst I go lobotomize myself to be able to think like Omega.

For anyone not "getting it" the above is sarcasm.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited November 17, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm big ... but in the way that counts with the ladies, mind 'ya ...

Om: where do you plan on going to college? Just curious.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Jay, how do you know me so well?????

------------------
**...****...**

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just know...see all Democrats...pish paw, everyone who doesn't believe what Omega and Fo2 do, are the progeny of Godzilla sans that really cool radiation breath.

-------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited November 17, 2000).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, you might want to consider USC, we're chock full of rich conservative right-wing Christian bastards. But of course, you'd have to put up with all the liberal professors.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to ignore all the thoughtless drivel above.

"where do you plan on going to college?"

Lipscomb. Ole Miss and Oklahoma State are after me, but I'd prefer to stay at home, if possible, the better to eat my mom's cooking.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're going to ignore your own posts?

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>"everyone who doesn't believe what Omega and Fo2 do, are the progeny of Godzilla sans that really cool radiation breath."

Just exactly what species of dinosaur ARE you?

I mean, everybody ELSE with more than a walnut-sized cerebral cortex already knows that Omega's and my beliefs are FAR from being similar enough to lump in a sentence like THAT one... or have we so soon forgotten the whole GOD thing? ("The God Thing"... that should be a movie title, don'cha think?)

Tora: make no mistake: I LOVE my job. I just don't get paid a fair wage for doing it, that's all. And that may change. And I gripe about it a lot, but I just do that to relieve tension. When I gripe, I'm okay. It's when I clam up that people should start worrying.

Why don't I do something else? To be honest, I've painted myself into a corner, jobwise. The best library jobs are in schools, but for me to get the student teaching credits I'd need, I'd have to quit my current job - and have NO money. And no job to come back to, should the teaching not pan out.

As for other jobs, I made those decisions when I was in college and high school. Truthfully, my major problem was that I was unfocused, lazy, and unambitious. Telling a kid at an early age "you can do anything" isn't always a motivator, especially when the kid hasn't a CLUE what he wants to do. (Actually, I wanted to be a palaeontologist, but I'd have had to go to Colorado for college, and there's about 5 job openings in that field in a DECADE.) I started off in engineering, but I hated math (I could do it, I just didn't like it) so I switched to English, because I've always liked books and reading and writing. I was going to write the Great American Novel (Fantasy or SF)... but then I realized it MIGHT be a good idea to be able to EAT while doing so. So I went to get a MS in Library/Information Science, because it was more books and reading and so on.

I still write, but not as much. Just when I'm really inspired. The Fantasy Epic is proceeding slowly... I can't figure out who to kill off at the end.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staying at home during college has a tendancy to be a bad idea.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Gonna donate half my money to the city.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

First,

I want to hear about you "Series V" concept you mentioned in some other thread. Go, post it, darn you! =)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps