Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Good day, how do, and I send a smile to you. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Good day, how do, and I send a smile to you.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you can dust the floor like you've put off doing for the last month.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know what I just realized? If Yahweh is "the alpha and the omega", and our local religious freak here calims to be the "Omega", doesn't that make him guilty of blasphemy? :-)

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why argue/debate when you can question the hell out of them????

and Scope is expensive.....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Liam, I find it fun. I spend so much time doing actual work, reading and writing and debating and studying and writing and acting and writing and drinking and writing and drinking and writing, I need to unwind. Take last night for instance, I had just spent two hours reading The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich (I've got another 900 pages to go). So, I hop on, see Omega talking some shit, and I decide to rip on him. I spent two hours doing it, yeah, and I did have the Greek translation of the Bible on my lap, but it was fun. It was a good unwinding and mental gymnastics. I frankly couldn't care if Omega became a communist overnight, or if he gets shot in a bank hold up tomorrow. For all I know, he is just a creation of Lee's (though my personal idea is that he's an instrument on Herr Capps' revenge for my calling him Chuckie so often) but he gives me a chance to widen my knowledge by trying to trounce him so badly. I enjoy it!
And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking.

------------------
"A mass of tears have been transformed to stones now, sharpened on suffering and woven into slings"
Zack de la Rocha
Rage Against the Machine

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is exactly your problem, Deetychops. Most of us don't have time to spend two hours marshalling arguments that are futile because our opponent will never give in on anything. I've no intention of reading the Bible in English, let alone Greek.

Plus, it gets really boring having you go on about how well-read you are. What was it you said once? "Lee fixes computers. I know a lot. Ha-ha" or something. Which shows how little you know about me or my job. And also shows how arrogant you are. Well, here's something you obviously don't know - no-one likes a smartass.

Basically, I like Omega. He's got some funny ideas, he has a lot to learn about the world, but he's never boring, he always sticks up for himself - and, most importantly, he very rarely gets personal. I couldn't argue as much as he does without in the end criticising my opponent instead of his views.

And, above all, he's one of us. He's always here, always has an opinion, no matter how bizarre it may be. You pop up every so often, then leave in a huff because no-one will proclaim your sheer brilliance. Well, brainiac, get Paramount to feature a shuttlecraft Tyman on Series 5, then we'll talk.

Wow. Did I really just defend Omega? 8)

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. What precisely are you smoking?

And, although this is before my time, didn't you leave in a huff because of some stuff about deleting posts? I mean, you came back under an assumed name (VogonPoet), but, uh ... how do you know DT didn't come back under another name and simply resurrect the name DT for the sake of kicking Omega around a bit?

Well, I'm going to go to the store and get some kitty litter. And hopefully, the Super-Duper Kick-Ass DVD edition of Big Trouble in Little China.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what? I'm not one to talk? Sorry, I'm a bit disoriented here, haven't had that comeback since I was getting in arguments at the age of, ooh, about eight. Whatever next? No, wait, don't tell me, you're rubber, I'm glue, anything I say sticks to me after bouncing off you? 8)

Welcome to the adult facts of life, people. One of them is hypocrisy. I just don't like all this Omega-bashing. Sure I've done it myself in the past. But then. . . I have done questionable things.

Haven't killed anyone though. Yet. }B)

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Flameboard bores me to tears with the same old rants dragged out to get thrashed about ad nauseum.

This is better: Vogon Poet vs. DT!!
Whom i haven't heard hide nor hair from in ages - WELCOME BACK!

Sod all the Bush/guns/America "debates" - this place needs something fresh.

Do the Shake 'N' Vac
And put the freshness back

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited May 01, 2001).]

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allright. DT, SPACE YOUR POSTS!!!!!

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim:

If Yahweh is "the alpha and the omega", and our local religious freak here calims to be the "Omega", doesn't that make him guilty of blasphemy? :-)

No, no, I'm not THE Omega. I'm just AN Omega. We come in six-packs.

Lee:

Basically, I like Omega.

*wipes tear from eye*

I'm touched, Lee. I really am.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Lee
Member # 393

I hardly think this is the time or place to share your sordid tales of sexual abuse, old chap. 8)

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that there is ever a time or a place for that.

I'm partly with everyone. Even though, sometimes, I would like to reach into my monitor and throttle the little turd, and then rip his head offf and jam it up his own arse, and then set fire to him, he can be an okay lad at times. He's one of those people who I think are evil by how and where they've grown up, rather than it being inbuilt. He should go and live with Simon. Or Lee. I'm sure, within a year, he'd be a much nicer chap.

And at least he doesn't say "Yay! Death penalty kills people where they burn and die in pain! Burn!".

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Nim
Member # 205

Simon-Lee-Omega. Dynamic trio! Or perhaps you meant 3-sum?

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Simon talking to Lee (kneeling) aboot Omega.

-He would be a powerful ally.
-Yesss, my master...

(ok, so work is boring me to tears)

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to know I'm so loved. Or, at least, not hated.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps