Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Something worth discussing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Something worth discussing
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lmao!! Ahh Sealand. Population: 4. Wait. Is Sealand recognized as an independant nation?

I'm gonna start my own nation too! I offically claim the Survivor 1 island for the...uhhhhhh...Republic of Survivor! The population will be free to be fat, naked, gay guys! Only they won't have to be shown on T.V. and they don't get a million bucks for being fat, naked, gay guys! Woo hoo! Richard from Survivor will be appointed as President! YAY.....

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited May 19, 2001).]

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started my own nation when I was in HS. I called it the Terran Federated Imperium. I took a page from Frank Zappa & included the "Involuntary Induction Clause," which stated that I could "lay hands" on a map & instantly proclaim that all persons, lands, & resources in the represented affected areas were now belong to the Imperium. I took it once step further as well: any place that any Imperial citizen had ever been or currently was belong to the Imperium. Furthermore, anywhere they MIGHT go in their travels would ALSO belong to the Imperium.

Annexation transitus. Gotta love it.

Heh...maybe I'll revive it. Some of you lot would make marvelous regional sub-emperors.

------------------
"Boinky ensued, and a great time was had by all." --Book of Nigel, Chapter 4, verse 32

MIB
Ex-Member

OH OH!!! I wanna be a sub-emperor. I am willing to be feared and dispised!!!!

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably the best Breg in the world.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if we pool our money and build our own landmass, can we call it New Sealand?

------------------

Samuel Hoffenstein

Nim
Member # 205

About that, I know where York is, and I know where Brunswick is, but where exactly is the original Zealand?
MIB
Ex-Member

If we pool all our money to buil an artificial island, where would we put it? I say we call our nation New Terra. Or Sci-fi-ville.

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have to put it in the Pacific, MIB, & call it Gravette Island

And Zealand is the largest island in Denmark, the one Copenhagen is one. It, too, is sometimes referred to as "Sealand;" the Danes call it "Sj�lland."

------------------
"Boinky ensued, and a great time was had by all." --Book of Nigel, Chapter 4, verse 32

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this case I do beleive that it should be recognized, but in no way does that apply to any land. Each case must be examined carefully, because some are in no way deserving of recognition, an example that comes to mind would be Kosovo, in the Balkans, which only seeks independence in order to join Albania. But if a land has it's own unique people that do not have a land of their own, then they do deserve a country.

------------------
It never stops, when my mama ask me will I change
I tell her yeah, but it's clear I'll always be the same
Until the end of time
- Tupac Shakur, Untill the End of Time

Nim
Member # 205

Unique people, like DeLorean owners?

------------------

Samuel Hoffenstein

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant peoples

------------------
It never stops, when my mama ask me will I change
I tell her yeah, but it's clear I'll always be the same
Until the end of time
- Tupac Shakur, Untill the End of Time

MIB
Ex-Member

Peoples? Like Augusta National Golf Club members?

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just give it up.

They (Somaliland) should be recognized and become an country.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any country officially recognize Sealand, in any case?

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not. But I don't think any country officially denies it recognition, either. I don't know that any country has any official stance on the matter at all. Other than Sealand itself, of course. :-)

------------------
"Even the colors are pompous!"
-a friend of mine, looking at a Lexus brochure

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps