Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 5)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotten though to some cell phones, but I can get through to home phones in Arlington or New York.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw "The Siege". I didn't expect it to be like this.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Rob, I think that was quite rational. You've never made more sense.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Multiple news bits:

United Airlines is confirming 2 planes are missing.

All schools in Maryland have been closed.

All theme parks in Florida, including Disney and Universal, are evacuated and closed.

Military bases in the Carolinas are preparing for a change in status.

New York National Guard is on full activation.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, most of my friends in DC are alive and well. I've got a few who wqere heading to class, and are apparently stuck in the city when the Metro shut down, but so far at least someone has heard from all of them so ... phew!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone confirm exactly where the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania hit? I've heard east, west, and south of Pittsburgh, and I've got family south of Pittsburgh.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I heard 80 miles west of Pittsburgh. Of course, that was the TV news station being broadcast on 106.5 as I was taking York Road at 70 miles an hour.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The crash in Somerset, Pennsylvania was United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 with 90 people onboard. Somerset is 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The report from the site is a large crater with nothing larger then 5ft of the plane surviving.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: The359 ]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

At least I got the distance, if not direction, correct. Okay, so we've got:

Two planes at the World Trade Center.

One plane at Camp David, MD.

One plane at the Pentagon.

One plane down in Pennsylvannia.

One plane shot down by the Air Force (same as plane in PA?)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50,000 people worked in the trade towers, and a good number of them couldn't get out. 24,000 in the Pentagon. Probably over a thousand on all the planes that have crashed. General Haig says to expect tens of thousands of casualties. CIVILIAN CASUALTIES. We've had entire WARS that let to less loss of life than this may result in.

Break out the nukes.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Let's just hope that any such call to retaliate with nuclear missiles will occur when the people charged with such decisions aren't as high on anger and rage and sadness as I suspect most people posting on this board -- American or not -- are.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've flown out of every major airport on the east coast before i was 18..

has camp david been confirmed .. nothing on TV yet that i saw

is the AF really going to shoot down civilian planes that arent grounded yet

I heard it first because i was wondering why no one was posting up in starships & technology, so i scrolled down.. ive been to the campus commons and they have TVs.. all 10 AM classes were full but no one is going to noon class

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

There is still no confirmation of a plane crashing at Camp David or of the supposed plane heading to Washington being shot down. In fact, no one has said anything about the Washington plane for a while, of course, that means it hasn't hit anything either apparently.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or they dont want to tell us...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The Secret Service confirmed that a plane crashed near Camp David, and the general assumption is that it was going to attempt to crash into Camp David. I spent a summer at a camp over the rise from Camp David. This has really struck home for me.

I don't know what happened with the Air Force and the jet, but what I think probably happened is that the jet in question refused to land at a designated airport, or something happened which led the government to believe it was in the control of hijackers, at which point some poor F-15 pilot or whatnot recieved orders to kill everyone on the jet to prevent greater damage.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps