Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I know, I'm sorry, but evolution and law and school. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I know, I'm sorry, but evolution and law and school.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can drink.

Legally.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fra Angelica is good.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bass Ale. Yum.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can also have gay sex.

Actually, I have no idea what the age is there. It's 18 here, and knowing your backwards laws, homosexual sex is probably banned before 30, and nuclear warhead ownership is allowed if you no longer need a bib.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In most places, I suspect it's banned completely. Last I heard, I think oral sex is illegal here (Missouri), too. Oops.
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sol, frome whence did you drag this up? I live in clark county on the border of Oregon in Washington, and I haven't heard anything about this on local news or even through word of mouth.
[Confused]

[ January 29, 2002, 23:49: Message edited by: The Antagonist ]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I was wrong. Oral sex (along w/ anal sex and hand-jobs, even) is defined as "deviate sexual intercourse", but not illegal in and of itself. However, "deviate sexual intercourse" is illegal in matters of underage or same-sex partners.

So, apparently, in Missouri, gay sex can get you up to a year in prison.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from evolution to how to get locked up for deviant sex, in the span of twenty or so posts.

God, I love the internet.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the link to the bill at Boing Boing: A Directory of Wonderful Things. It consisted of just the bill itself. I've yet to see a news story about it. But then I haven't been looking very hard.

Here's a bit of official information about Senator Hochstatter.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bass Ale. Yum.
MMMMM thats good Bass

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice that Simon was strangely quiet on the gay sex matter...

So it's illegal to have gay sex in some American states? How widespread is that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It varies from state to state. The act of having homosexual intercourse, or deviant sex behaviour (no, I'm not a brit, but ever since the Behaviour group it just seems like the right way to spell the word) may both be legal in one state, but only one is legal in another, or vice versa, or none at all. I can understand some types of 'deviant' behaviour being illegal (I know I'm going to get slammed for that one by somebody), but others really are a personal choice for citizens, and state governments have no right in dictating such a thing. Its quite unfortunate that these types of things are such touchy (no pun) issues that people are embarrased to bring them up when legalizing them.

As of now, the only thing that stands between same sex marriages in some states is popular opinion, as the general population doesn't approve, thus drafted measures that come up on ballots every few years keep getting shot down, or worse, not even getting onto the ballot because lobbyists can't gather enough signatures to even get it to that point.

The signature gathering in Washington has gotten much more difficult lately because a neasure was passed to ban signature solicitation at public/corporation owned paces, such as supermarkets.

This basically means that even though I am old enough to vote I can't vote on anything worth while unless its every ten years or so. [Frown]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"I can understand some types of 'deviant' behaviour being illegal..."

Like what? Here in Missouri, the definition is:

"(1) 'Deviate sexual intercourse', any act involving the genitals of one person and the hand, mouth, tongue, or anus of another person or a sexual act involving the penetration, however slight, of the male or female sex organ or the anus by a finger, instrument or object done for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person;"
-Missouri Revised Statutes, title XXXVIII, chapter 566, section 010

I can't see anything in there that I would make illegal. Hell, I've done most of those things, and would do most of the rest...

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you can have sex, just don't have fun doing it.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're looking at two different definitions of 'deviate' here: the first was used in the context of someone referring to acts he might class as deviate, that may or may not be illegal; then you have the Missouri statute which classes certain illegal acts and refers to them as deviate.

Sp, my question is, what acts would lot lot call deviate, regardless of their legal status?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps