Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Violence in video games (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Violence in video games
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it...it's really nice. And pretty realistic in some cases. Soldier of Fortune 2 has some nice dismemberment animations and body parts, squirting blood, etc. Kind of weird when someone screams after I blow their head off though. So yeah, violence in video games keeps me occupied during times I'd usually be off stealing things from stores. Hooray for virtual sniper rifles and 20x scopes!

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Children are being having a bad influence of such games. Columbine and other accident tragedy are result only of these violent games when you speak of now.
The Missing Mario Brother
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I concur. Nothing beats shooting Nazi's in the crotch then seeing them clutch at it screaming, "Acthung! Ich bein ein ouchen!" or some shit.
IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh please, that's bullshit. If you want to blame entertainment for real world violence, there are plenty of war movies showing the same exact thing every game does nowadays.

--------------------

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah? Certainly, not I? Never am I.

[ May 27, 2002, 21:16: Message edited by: The Ulcer Mongoose ]

Ex-Member

To be honest, I think it's the *lack* of violence that promotes violent behaviour. Crap like Seventh Heaven and Beverly Hills 90210 promote rage that ends with a highschool shooting.

I suggest contacting Fox and asking them to stop cancelling good stuff like Futurama, and start cancelling the real crap.

[ May 27, 2002, 21:15: Message edited by: The Missing Mario Brother ]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

I can just as easily blame 7th Heaven for teenage violence due to the episode they had of a soldier dying. But that's just stupid.

--------------------

Ex-Member

Don't forget that whole monkey episode, where the little girl that looks like a little boy kept seeing a monkey. It's obviously promoting AIDS.
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

No I'm serious about my point. Pregnant people in games or tv shows don't make me want to go out and have a baby. Nor do guns in games and movies make me want to shoot anyone. It sounds like nothing more than a scape goat.

--------------------

Member # 239

But is when the Children of one American go to school and they are wanting shoot, but they else can not see this but in Matrix movies or on the Internet Gaming sites. On boxes, warning labels must are to be pain attention to by many parents of these such children of hate.
Ex-Member

So why do we blame what everyone's watching and playing, and not blaming the fuckhead parents who are raising these murderous idiots. Hell. I don't even know what your point is, that's the worst attempt at English I've had to read since reading subtitles from some Jet Li movie.
Member # 239

Well, in attempt to seduce my defenceman, I am always known for mistaken english. I am from France, and english has not always has been first language of many time. I attempt to effort make, but seemingly I cannot take under such a task without flagrant fuckwads making me of fun. (Is that right?)

Gotta love newbie assholes.

Ex-Member

Love me guys French morons who conversate English threads speak know do not English.

[ May 27, 2002, 21:30: Message edited by: The Missing Mario Brother ]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Um, I didn't plan for this to be a grammar war. [Eek!]

--------------------

Member # 239

Yeah, you gotta love those guys too.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps