Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » How Will This End? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How Will This End?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 'TOS' ending
The show just stops abruptly.

------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Monty Python Ending:

Janeway and the crew go in search of a fabled Holy Transwarp drive. During a Borg attack, Chakotay is squashed by a horse. An animated sequence shows a species 8472 Alien chasing the crew around a planetoid, until Brannon Braga suffers a fatal heart attack. Tom and B'Elanna build a castle, which burns down, falls over, and sinks into a swamp. Kim is devoured by an evil predator rabbit, which in turn is killed by Neelix's Holy Hasperat. Finally, Janeway and the surviving crewmembers lay siege to Unimatrix 01, where the Borg hurl badly-accented insults (along with assorted vegetables and mammals) at them.

Finally, a Starfleet Admiral appears, declares the whole series "silly," and orders the crew off the soundstage.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I like that very last bit. They should do that. Too bad Graham Chapman isn't around to play the admiral... :-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They'll have to discuss how fast an unloaded slipstream shuttle goes

------------------
-My Physics teacher
---

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another Babylon 5 ending:

Brannon Braga suddenly is serving on board Voyager.
As the crew leave the ship in various alien ships, Braga orders Voyager to self-destruct.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! I should have requested a ban on all B5 spoilers...

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited November 29, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Fabby. Altair isn't exactly right. With the event that he may or may not be describing that may or may not happen. Er, yeah.

Actually, their are two TOS endings. The "abrupt" one, and the one where the crew laughs really badly for about 5 minutes over something Kirk/Spock/Scotty said. The laughter goes on forever. It doesn't stop. It makes you want to claw your skin off. Oh, god, why won't they stop laughing?

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think that was a reference to the fact that the series ended abruptly...

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, maybe. Although it would have been more abrupt if it had ended just as Kirk was about to activate the "Omega 13", and then we never found out what it was for.

How many shows in the 60s had "final episodes" anyway?

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

*suppression of memories fail*

OH MY GOD!! The awfully ridiculous fake laughing scenes
at the end of those shows! AAARGGHH!!
That really was not a good PR stunt for the human race in the 22nd century...

------------------
-My Physics teacher
---

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one or two occasions at "Quark's" too... Bleargh!
It would be fun to use in a parody, a 20 sec. laughing period, followed by someone coming in from a joining room, shouting "STOP IT!!! STOP, GODDAMMIT!! I HATE THIS MICKEY MOUSE BULLSHIT!!

Also, the enough-joke in endings is oh so nauseating!

For example: Ep is about killer bananas that eventually are defeated, then main lead is offered banana by unknowing person, after incident. Lead says "Nah, I've had enough bananas for a looong time. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haah!" *sidekick tilts head, points with finger* "Oohohohooh, cleveeeer!"

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 'Mars Attacks' ending:

The consious heads of Janeway and Chacotay roll on the floor, trying to kiss eachother.

The 'Thelma and Louise' ending:

Janeway and Seven helm the ship into a black hole.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And an even worse PR stunt for humans in the 23rd century, surely?

The other format of joke usually went like this:

Kirk: So, you were going to save me all along.

Spock: No. That was not logical.

Kirk: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Spock: *raises eyebrow*

McCoy: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kirk: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *slaps random Yeomen*

Yeomen: Er, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA *thinks: Only another 100 years until I can get a real job*

All: BWAHAHAHHAHAHA

*Enterprise flies off*

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Female Vampire Dominatrix ending:

Voyager visits a planet and unleashes by accident an ancient vampire domanatirx in the form of Denise Richards. Janeway and crew attempt to stop her from creating her once vast and powerful army of half naked vampire lesbians, but in the process turns Seven of Nine into one of her loyal subjects. With Seven on her side, Voyager is captured and most of the main characters are killed. Neelix is placed on chains and forced to eat his Texas cooking, Tuvok is made to go through pon-far while caged and viewing a holographic video of he and his wife having sex, Tom and Belanna are forced to have an in-depth conversation about Tom's past dating habits, Chakotay is forced to remember sleeping with Janeway, and Janeway is placed on a shuttle that is rigged with tri-cobalt torpedoes that explode. As for Harry Kim, he is forced to have his first and last threesome with Seven of Nine and Denise Richards, where his heart explodes. The final scene is of the two of them, covered in blood, French kissing over Harry's dead body as an army of female vampires take over Starfleet Command.

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
damn.. what kind of movies have you been WATCHING?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps