Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager's best episode/s (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Voyager's best episode/s
DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
With 7 years. Thousands of Light Years covered. What's been the best episode/s for all you fans.

CARETAKER:-Intoduced us to Voyager,her crew and situation.
5/5
Scorpion
Finally meant we finally established that the Borg were based in the Delta Quadrant and that posed a huge danger to Voyager.
4/5
The Gift:-First of Voyager's big leaps home.Sad moment when Kes left
6/5

------------------

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"VOYAGER'S Best Episodes" is an oxymoron.

Sorta like Military Intelligence.

No such thing.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an amazingly dumb statement.

------------------
"I finally see that what we thought was a fun way to celebrate our love was really an expression of hostility and disrespect toward Jesus."
--
Bill Metz, in The Onion
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come on, lighten up ... "Message In A Bottle", maybe ... maybe...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, only that.

The show is total shit. It's shittier than redigested shitted out shit.

Excuse me, I must go and watch the pinnacle of Television programming that is Will & Grace.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm

I have a few...

My top 20 in no particular order

Prime Factors
Before and After
Heroes and Demons
Deadlock
The Thaw
Eye Of the Needle
Prototype
The Raven
Real Life
Message In A Bottle
Mortal Coil
Prey
Timeless
Infinite Regress
Gravity
Year Of Hell
Course: Oblivion
Barge of the Dead
Living Witness
Someone to Watch Over Me

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited December 10, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My list (what I can think of at the moment):

Message in a Bottle
Drone
Equinox (although Janeway got through it to well)
Warlord
Worst Case Scenario
Real Life

------------------
"We survived."
"Yeah, it was some battle."
"I meant high school."

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were several first season eps that I liked alot though they weren't followed up on very well. The Vidians were scary as hell and should've been equal in presence with the Kazon as bad guys in seasons one and two.

Real Life made me cry.

Message in a Bottle and Equinox were both good, though they both felt a little bit like "Let's-show-a-new-ship-class-and-the-epsode-will-be-cool" episodes. I like both new ship classes but I thought that the story of the Equinox's experience in the DQ was way too hurried, way too underexplained, and way too short changed. The crew should've gotten away and been an ongoing thing.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say 'Equinox' has been my fav so far. I really liked John Savage as Captain Ransom. For some reason I was compelled by the story of their desperation, and I liked his redemption and noble death. I mean having the aliens be souped up versions of Slimer from Ghostbusters was cheesey, but I really liked the story.

I also enjoyed "Basics Pt I & II". I think because of the Suder character and his longing to give something back to the crew. I mean I liked him in "Meld", but that mostly supported why I enjoyed "Basics" so much. I love when the Kazon in the brig takes the accelerant and grows so much that he explodes.

"Message in a Bottle" was good, but mostly because of the ship. I mean, I liked the idea of the huge comm array, but Andy Dick bugs me. I had a hard time believing he could have been an EMH.

------------------
"I�d say we have about three hours before we get a call from mister brain-bomb." - VIDROS

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zimmerman probably picked his replacement.
Mark IIs were presumably introduced because no one could stomach the personality of the MK I. Since MK I was patterned after Zimmerman's personality, having someone who is way more likable than him for the second holodoc would be a major boot to the ego, so he was subconsciously compelled to choose someone whose personality was equally bad (IMO much worse)but in a different way.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am surprised that there was only one mention of "Timeless". I remember the episode going over quite well around here, and it is by far the best (in many different ways) in my own humble opinion.
Starship Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's been a while, but after finding out the passwords have been changed, here I am once again. My favourite Voyager episodes include:

MEMORABLE EPISODES
Timeless
Living Witness
Message in a Bottle

EPISODES THAT MADE MY EYES WATER
Resistance (with Caylem and his "daughter" Kathryn)
Course: Oblivion (poof!)
The Gift
One Small Step (last scene: the torpedo casket)
Blink of an Eye (seeing the old man just look up into the stars...)

FOR A LAUGH
Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
Bride of Chaotica!
The Q and the Grey
Live Fast and Prosper

OTHERS
Before and After
Scorpion
Drone
Relativity

------------------
Phase III: Where No One Has Gone Before...
"A man's reach must exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
Robert Browning, Andrea del Sarto

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Living Witness and Timeless were definately good. Seeing the bridge crew laying there, frozen and dead was definately memorable.

What Voyager lost after the first couple seasons was the ongoing subplots. Remember the Maquis conspirator story arc right before Basics. They had minor characters recurring all the time. It really filled out the ship a little and gave some reality to the fact that, as a small ship all alone, everybody would play a role in the overall story.

Now it's pretty much just about the senior staff again.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so what are everyone's FIVE WORST episodes? Some people could probably rifle off a hundred (and reasonable explanations why), but what episodes TOP everyone's list.

Oh, and "Threshold" doesn't count.

While on topic, "Timeless" is still my all time favorite.

Mark

------------------
----
"Why build one when ou can build two, at twice the price?"
- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Five worst?

How about five worst SEASONS?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps