Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » It can't be true! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: It can't be true!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a line from "I Am the Walrus"...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's "coo-coo-ka-choo."

Din't you young'uns ever see "The Graduate?"

------------------
"Reading snow is like listening to music. To describe what you've read is like explaining music in writing." ---Smilla Jaspersen

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not according to the lyric sheet.

Mind you, it sure doesn't sound like a G sound, but that's how it's written.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
No it's not true. Jeri Ryan is still alive. It's just a rumor created by the anti-trek society.
IP: Logged
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anti-Trek society? Who are these pig-f*cking fiends? The time to don our cloaks and wield daggers has come.

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*checks watch*

Wellll...OK, but isn't it a bit too soon, hmm?

I mean, my back's still killing me since the last cloak-donning and dagger-wielding session. And my bunions?? Oohh, they're still smarting something chronic.

------------------
Go Mad.
Go Evil.
Just GO.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darkie! Are you all right? Your last post was actually grammatically correct, with the right punctuation too!

I saw a report that some guy had been arrested for stalking her.

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*thwaps Shik* "I Am the Walrus"! By the Beatles! Not "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel!

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You get one free smack. The next time costs you an extremity. Don't randomly smack a samurai.

And the ref WAS in "The Graduate."

------------------
"Reading snow is like listening to music. To describe what you've read is like explaining music in writing." ---Smilla Jaspersen

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You give out free smack??? Dangerous my man, dangerous.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Shik: Shall I type this slowly, so you can understand better? :-)

"Goo goo ga joob" is from "I Am the Walrus", a song on the Beatles' album The Magical Mystery Tour. That's what Kosh was referring to, since the Beatles and the "Walrus" were referred to above.

"I am the egg-man / They are they egg-men / I am the walrus / Goo goo ga joob"

"Coo coo ka choo" is from "Mrs. Robinson" a song done by Simon and Garfunkel for the movie The Graduate. But that has nothing to do w/ the discussion at hand, except that you thought that it was what Kosh was talking about.

"Coo coo ka choo, Mrs. Robinson / Jesus loves you more than you will know / Woah woah woah"

Does that clear things up? :-)

------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Br'aak ptao h'get h'lao h'g'rea'at takt'ot laogret pe'tlek hnoi...

------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try saying that three times fast. But not before I get an umbrella.

------------------

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah? Try asking for directions in Wales.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Lee
Member # 393

I must say I'm shocked. How anyone could say such an awful thing about my compatriots from the land of Cymru. I'll have you know they're an ancient people with a rich and diverse culture. . . oh, who am I kidding? Have you HEARD these guys? IN our Cardiff office they think I'm a really happy chap, I go about grinning so much when I'm there. What they don't know is that I'm trying hard not to laugh whenever they open their mouths. They must be putting us on, surely no-one really talks like that. . .

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps