Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » It can't be true! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: It can't be true!
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Avve you got any carrots?

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does a Welsh accent sound like? I can only think of two possible examples... I know Terry Jones is from Wales, but whether his accent is such or not, I've no idea. There was also a character w/ a Welsh accent in Henry V, but I saw the Kenneth Branagh movie version recently, and I think they didn't bother...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie Izzard did a welsh accent in his Pavlov-sketch.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't imagine how much I have no idea what you're talking about... :-)

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well you know, TSN, life's too short to explain humour to you over a chatting-session... ;-)

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited January 20, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which is as adroit a way as I've ever seen of saying "get a fucking life." 8)

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I do have a life. It just doesn't include anyone whose name sounds like something that comes in the little pack you pull out of the chicken's neck before cooking... :-)

------------------

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited January 22, 2001).]

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Giblets?

RELAX, man! That was a joke I said then! It's just it sounded like a very euphemistic way of saying what I said. How the hell am I qualified to say whether you have a life or not?

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Nim
Member # 205

Vogon my friend, you are wrong.
My reply didn't mean "get a life", it meant that if TSN asks such a stupid and broad question as "what does welsh sound like", he has to be prepared to get references he may or may not have heard of.

Now, if he HAD in fact recognized my reference he wouldn't have responded in the way of the ungrateful little bugger he is.

Tom Jones is from Wales, have you seen "Mars Attacks", TSN? Well there you go. DON'T MENTION IT!!!

Lee
Member # 393

Once again, I never meant to imply that anyone was telling anyone else to get a life. . .

And I can't believe I didn't think of Tom Jones, The Greatest Living Welshman.

------------------

- Dogbert

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I was going for "gizzard", actually... :-)

Anyway, now that I've edited my last post to include the three characters at the end that I seem to have forgotten the first time, can you all just get along? :-)

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My art teacher was from Wales. Funny guy.

------------------
Two atoms walk into a bar. One atom says to the other atom:
"I've lost an electron!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive!"

Lee
Member # 393

*grin*

------------------

- Dogbert

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Small potatos. I am Wales.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

How many rocks are in you? Thor lost count...

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps