Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Deck One (Shattered $) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Deck One (Shattered $)
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I for one, was under the impression that Voyager's Deck 1 consisted of the turbolift, bridge, Captain's ready room, the briefing room, a couple of heads and the escape pods. Now maybe I have the Deck 1 schematic of the Enterprise-D imprinted on my brain (I don't actually recall ever seeing one for Voyager), but the maze of corridors shown on this episode seems like an awful lot to squeeze into the space behind the bridge.
Has this area ever been shown in a past episode?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the ep yet, but the only things that should be on deck one (from the pics I've seen) are the bridge, a turbolift, the conference room, the ready room and maybe two small heads. Behind the bridge, the should be a central corridor that leads to the deck one escape pods located aft of the bridge and maybe two small corridors on the outboard side of the pods since there are small windows on the outer hull next to the pods I think. SO the corridors behind the bridge might at most look something like an "M" (assuming the top of the M is the aft most part of Deck One).

I think there's also a docking port or an airlock at the aft end of the deck.
------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited January 18, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go. I up loaded this blow up of the Voyager MSD. I hope it works. Go here:
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/VoyMSD.gif

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I knew, Rick Sternbach was rather proud of trying to keep Voyager's specs intact. I highly doubt he would have drawn up a deck one diagram that didn't match the model.

Hopefully he wasn't sick the week they made this one, or something... :-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So there was no mention of Lt. Ayala's quarters, jacuzzi and armory, then?

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Tuvok: "Captain I'd like a few moments to discuss the weekly Tactical report."
Janeway: "Not now. Meet in the jacuzzi on deck 1 in 10 minutes."
Tuvok: "The jacuzzi, captain?"
Janeway: "You know, it's right next to Ayala's quarters. Across from the escape pods..."

------------------

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess it would be a good place to put one. Give the bridge crew a chance to relax during coffee breaks
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not then just put a Starbucks next to the escape pods...

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean? There are already 3 of them there already!

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

When Tuvok yells "Code Blue Stations" those Starbucks are manned and operational baby! Let's face it, when the ship lands, Conn, Stellar Cartography, and a bunch of other people sdon't have anything to do. It's coffee time !!

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, now that I've seen the ep, I see the problem. They showed a regular corridor as part of deck one.

Yes, they screwed up. :-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that Chakotay took Gainweight...I mean Janeway off Deck 01 to another deck.

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. Chakotay took her through that side door and immediately into a corridor, still on Deck 1.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Right. And I believe the door he took her out of leads to the Captain's head. So let's assume that there is another door from the Head to whatever corridors actually exist on deck one. The corridor they exited into should've, at the very least, dead ended into the back of the bridge right away. There's no way that it went on as far toward the bridge as they showed it. And there's no way there's room for a turbo lift entrance on deck one anywhere other than the one on the bridge.

------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In "Basics Part II" Cullah takes himself and his kid out through that same door, because the bridge was full of Paris & Talaxians. Since he eventually made it to an escape pod, it seems that the second door doesn't lead *just* to the Captain's head.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps